<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Did Bowie make the religion of Christ seem archaic?

May 21 2017 at 2:42 PM
No score for this post
sam  (Login whitecaps)
BW Member

During an Earthling interview and speaking about religion, Bowie dismissed traditional belief as "archaic" and said it was ridiculous that we should "supplant ourselves" to it." Bowie also said we needed a "new religion" taken from "bits and pieces" of what we have now.

During the Heathen era, Bowie had a seemingly prepared speech about Freud, Nietzsche, and Einstein. These men showed that "everything we believed was wrong." Bowie asked, "did we have the courage to live without religion?"

Indeed, none more than Bowie could make it seem that Christ was only of the distant past. After all, we have thousands of wondrous, multi-colored images of Bowie: album covers, professional photographs, videos, and carefully staged concerts. We have music that has become soundtracks of the decades, movements, film, and changing sexuality.

Bowie is one of the most elegant, beautiful, graceful men who ever graced the stage, who ever appeared before the camera, much is made of his facial structure, his charisma, his star appeal. Bowie is one of the great men of all time. In every documentary, we can see Bowie exiting a limousine, a very important figure.

What do we have of Christ?

We have no images of Christ, not one written detail about what he looked like except, "he is without form and comeliness...there is no beauty that we should desire him."

Is it any wonder that Bowie could for some, with his bright colors, his star power, his brilliant eyes, overshadow the man of sorrows?

But then something happened. Bowie's light began to go out. He had a heart scare, began to look tired, and eventually succumbed to cancer. Bowie died like all men, the great and the small, and he had no power over death. Bowie died and disappeared for good. He was taken by death and humbled. Unlike Christ, who abolished death, raising himself from the dead, and making an open victory over it.

So in the end, Bowie reminds us yet again of the power of Christ. The Kings and the Rulers and the Princes of this world come to nothing, while the foolish, the despised, the lowly and the weak who have faith in Christ are the chosen.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

MICHAEL FISH, UK HEIR
(Login LuisKantor)
BW Member

Re: Did Bowie make the religion of Christ seem archaic?

Score 5.0 (1 person)
May 21 2017, 4:31 PM 

[linked image]

Anonymous
(Login Dr.Ink)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 21 2017, 9:40 PM 

Great thread.
I l❤️ve the new Archie..
(Haven't watched it, but it seems cool)

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 21 2017, 11:57 PM 

A funny thing occurred to me recently and that is we've actually seen very, very few pictures of Bowie the man. I'd say that around a minimum of 90% of photos that we've seen of Bowie, he's always been wearing make up, be it stage stuff, or foundation for camera work, TV and so on.

Just a thought.....

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 22 2017, 11:03 AM 

i loved his comment from 1999 or thereabouts when he said to chris evans "my wife is muslim; I'm not"

couldn't go out with someone that was religious...

might listen to to bus stop in a while....

but my mother always ends the conversation with "God bless" i suppose she's trying to tell me something

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 22 2017, 7:08 PM 

With topics such as this, Richey Manic had the only answer:
'Fuck knows, I dunno.'

This message has been edited by Larranaga on May 22, 2017 7:09 PM

TheBit
(Login TheBit)
BW Member

Where's the 'ignore the troll' button?

No score for this post
May 22 2017, 7:47 PM 

Insipid, tedious rubbish as per usual.

This message has been edited by TheBit on May 22, 2017 7:47 PM

1EyedWick
(Login 1EyedWick)
BW Member

Hmmm...

No score for this post
August 16 2017, 9:59 PM 

Are EIGHT heart attacks a "heart scare"?! Lol.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website