<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

David Bowie Is..... Barcelona fiasco?

May 26 2017 at 2:06 AM
No score for this post

BSI  (Login bowieseveninch)
BW Member

This message has been edited by bowieseveninch on May 26, 2017 2:06 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

Re: David Bowie Is..... Barcelona fiasco?

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 3:12 AM 

Wow this makes me angry!! When will the organisers learn? Only 2 copies per person.

It takes the enjoyment out of such events.

This message has been edited by ziggythecowboy on May 26, 2017 3:12 AM

Anonymous
(Login lightningmoonstar)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 3:30 AM 

Wow that is poorly. At the Australian exhibit I think I probably could have got away with doing that with the ISelect but wasn't game enough to try. They had no issue with people just walking into the merch store without even paying for the exhibition and I did end up with 2 or 3. My wife encouraged me to get more but I was happy with $140 aud profit on the spares. Others would be making their living out of it. I was gutted to not get the lets dance despite hating it's colour and slack sleeve.

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 3:50 AM 

I never bought the yellow one. I'm not sure why. I just didn't feel a need for it. I bought i-Select though, which I still play.

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 12:43 PM 

This reads EXACTLY like the shitty exhibition I went to in Paris. After that experience, there was no way I was going to the Barca one and reading this, I'm glad I didn't. I've read that this is likely to be the last expo, so about bloody time. It's been milked and is played out now.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 3:54 PM 

We live in a grabbing 'me me me' world.

Sad innit

I once bought two Little Toy Soldier EPs. One was a gift. I bought it for a lady who used to post here, sadly she was put in a home after repeatedly dressing as Yootha Joyce and walking around her village in a short nylon nightie. She's still in hospital and not allowed internet access. I send her the odd Bowie item.
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

MICHAEL FISH, UK HEIR
(Login LuisKantor)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 6:14 PM 

You sound like an "enabler", Ena. From your description of your friend, I think it would be kinder to send her a pair of wedge-heeled espadrilles rather than vinyl EPs since I think it highly unlikely she would have a record deck in her secure unit.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 8:41 PM 

I sent her some shoes but the Doctor said she ate them. I know for a fact she has a radiogram to play singles.

What's an enbabler?

"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

BSI
(Login bowieseveninch)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 28 2017, 9:30 AM 

The price has risen to 25 Euro's and is now one copy per person.

This is why I have stayed away from Bowie collecting in the past decade or so. Just a piss take. One guy went on a Bowie collectors FB forum hours after it opened upoffering copies for 70 Euro's a pop. I bet he was one of the greedy pigs leaving the store with a fist full of records.

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 28 2017, 9:46 AM 

It's fair to say there has been nothing I've actually wanted from the Bowie camp in decades. At The BBC was welcome but annoyingly incomplete. Santa Monica was attractive but again frustrating. I've only bought a couple of the 40th Anniversary 7" that I've found in bargain bins. All this endless reissuing is something us Bowie fans have put up with from day one. Coloured vinyl is no different to me than when RCA changed the cassette body from orange paper labels to white plastic to black plastic. Just clutters up an already cluttered Bowie section.

OK I'll admit I did like it when cassette bodies started to be made see through. Maybe I'm not so different.

Anonymous
(Login Rockchick84)
BW Member

No score for this post
June 2 2017, 1:49 AM 

It always amazes me how people can be vultures at times.

EfWe
(Login EfWe)
BW Member

Limited 7' from Barcelona exhibition

No score for this post
August 10 2017, 11:26 PM 

Sorry, wrong message.

This message has been edited by EfWe on Aug 10, 2017 11:45 PM

Nacho
(Login NachoNacho)
BW Member

Anyone succesfully bought a ticket online?

No score for this post
July 18 2017, 2:51 PM 

I'm trying to purchase a ticket for the Bowie is exhibition in Barcelona. And cannot seem to get the ticketing to function. Is it just me / am I an idiot / has anyone managed to buy a ticket online?

http://www.davidbowieis.es/en/tickets/#tkt-content

Thanks!

EfWe
(Login EfWe)
BW Member

Tickets for Barcelona

No score for this post
July 19 2017, 7:20 AM 

Yes, I did it 4 weeks ago. There were no problems. Booked two tickets - fast passes - and received them immediately via ticketea.com.

EfWe

EfWe
(Login EfWe)
BW Member

Limited 7' from Barcelona exhibition

No score for this post
August 10 2017, 11:45 PM 

Well, I've been to the exhibition - a great one - and bought two copies of the "I'm afraid of Americans" limited edition. And I would sell them for a moderate price. Any interest?

EfWe

Anonymous
(Login Rick_O_Shea)
BW Member

Re: Limited 7' from Barcelona exhibition

No score for this post
August 11 2017, 12:00 AM 

Yes, definitely interested:)
Not sure how to private message on here?

EfWe
(Login EfWe)
BW Member

PM

No score for this post
August 11 2017, 8:13 AM 

Yep. Can anybody help and Tell uns, how to send PMs?

EfWe

Anonymous
(Login Rick_O_Shea)
BW Member

Re: PM

No score for this post
August 11 2017, 10:02 PM 

@EfWe

Are you on Facebook?

EfWe
(Login EfWe)
BW Member

Facebook

No score for this post
August 12 2017, 8:45 AM 

Yes, I am.

EfWe

Anonymous
(Login Rick_O_Shea)
BW Member

Re: Facebook

No score for this post
August 16 2017, 2:36 PM 

Hi
If you've still got the singles for sale, let me have your Facebook name and I'll message you.
Apologies for spamming the thread, but don't know if it's possible to send PMs here?
Paul

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website