<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

Re: HCIBN

No score for this post
July 5 2017, 11:57 AM 

Indeed where is Trev , has he passed? I've missed him .

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

Paddy
(Login pproche)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 5 2017, 1:12 PM 

@mikewest, I don't know what happened to Trev, seemed to be here one day and gone the next. I miss the guy myself, I liked him.

Anonymous
(Login lightningmoonstar)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 5 2017, 8:42 PM 

But it's genius isn't it? I buy 2 starmans, don't play them and then sell them for 1 for 10 X the original price 2 years later. I keep one. I then buy 3 yellow lets dance, a few I select red vinyl at the Melbourne exhibition. (Now some of these in perspective are free). I hold onto lets dance for a Year later and then sell $60 worth of 7" single for a minimum $600 all up. I can now afford Who can I be now box set outright (again basically free) and let's say something like the upcoming Japanese releases.

I agree greedy fckers ruin it where they are just investing and not leaving anything behind. But if I had an almanac I'd buy multiple copies to sell down the track to easily increase my collection basically free of charge.

Anonymous
(Login NorseSwagger)
BW Member

Re: eBay prices

No score for this post
July 5 2017, 3:21 PM 

Serious collectors would need a small fortune to even begin collecting outside of standard Bowie releases nowadays; maybe I should price and sell some of the Keanan Duffty clothes I bought from Target a decade ago..

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 5 2017, 4:26 PM 

Found one Keenan Duffty Rebel Rebel tee at £27 on Ebay
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 5 2017, 6:43 PM 

Paul Smith red vinyl The Next Days.

Three on sale between £275(or best offer) and £470.

Doctorocto
(Login doctoroctopussy)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 5 2017, 7:19 PM 

Blimey!
----------------------------------------------

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 6 2017, 7:48 AM 

First pressing Hunky Dory described as near mint £299. It's got the bobil and rasputin runout

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 6 2017, 10:18 AM 

those paul smith next day tees were great. i believe they were a mixture of cashmir and camel hair...that;s why it cost over 80 quid for one.

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 6 2017, 10:56 AM 

I got some Ziggy jumpsuit material leggings. I feel sexy AF in them.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 6 2017, 11:03 AM 

Peace Thru Art wine in special box £99 on eBay.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 6 2017, 11:11 AM 

Day In Day Out red vinyl £40.

There's a Ryko Bowie/Eno sampler for £69.

There's a fair range of stuff for sale.

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 6 2017, 5:47 PM 

Ena, is the Hunky Dory with lamination and has it no gem logos on he reverse of cover ?

This message has been edited by west406 on Jul 6, 2017 5:48 PM

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 6 2017, 6:12 PM 

It's laminated with Gem logo on rear.

RCA Victor. A Gem Production 3T/3T

If that helps.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 6 2017, 6:14 PM 

There's a HD for £675 today.

The description:

The 1st Original UK WITHOUT the gems logo. Front laminated, rear unlaminated . cover in very nice condition but there is a tiny damaged laminated area about 2" up on opening edge . BOBIL & RASPUTIN in the run out.On the record there are some small defects some scuff marks and some small scratches.Please ask any questions without it's original insert.

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 6 2017, 7:06 PM 

Seems a lot especially with damage , and defects to record, still, one day, one day...........

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 6 2017, 11:35 PM 

As a side note, I just sold a record this morning to a guy in England, who just sent me an email, thus:

"Thank you I'm looking forward to receiving it I've not heard my work since the day the BPI raided me I'm the guy who made the album. It's hard to believe that it is nearly 40 years ago and it was my children's idea to try and find a copy so thank you from a old retired bootlegger."

The record is 'The Wembley Wizard Touches The Dial'.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Doctorocto
(Login doctoroctopussy)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 6 2017, 11:53 PM 

History made. I remember that my mate was bricking it because of the raids.
He hid his records in his Grandma's attic.
----------------------------------------------

BSI
(Login bowieseveninch)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 7 2017, 12:47 AM 

They are still chasing the old bootleggers even to this day. Proceeds of crime act is now all the rage. They hauled a German bootlegger into court and sent him to prison for 5 years in 2014 for records he made in the 70's and 80's. He was in his late 60's when sent away. Fucking joke!

Meanwhile, politicians continue to rip the people off and commit fraud at every turn and nothing gets done. But that's OK because chasing a few bootleg dealers over a few bob is far more important isn't it?

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 7 2017, 8:27 AM 

It's worth asking if these things actually sell at those prices?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website