<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Stranger
(Login Stranger-In-A-Strange-Land)
BW Member

those that were too young shouldn't see these shows...

No score for this post
July 19 2017, 12:37 AM 

as their elders are pointing out they're not seeing them as they were supposed to be seen - by watching in person at the time.

Glad we've got that sorted out then.

happy.gif
------------------
The next EMI Expanded Editions:
* What are your hopes for these releases?
* Let's have The Man Who Sold The World with the complete Paris Cinema Studios, Feb 5, 1970 radio concert, and the complete April 1970 radio session. Hunky Dory - add the complete Paris Cinema Studios concert, June 1971 in stereo, from the BBC Stereo Transcription LP if the master is lost!
* Any future live 1974 release MUST include a recording of Drive In Saturday from the early part of the tour, it's classic!
The next DVD release?
* Cracked Actor / Omnibus documentary must be released on DVD!

Recommended:
Tiffiny Townsend | She's Got Issues | The She Creatures |

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
andy
(Login andyrushworth)
BW Member

Re: those that were too young shouldn't see these shows...

No score for this post
July 19 2017, 8:26 PM 

As I've said before people who didn't like Glass Spider tour wouldn't have liked Diamond Dogs tour = maybe ? having said that there aren't any week songs on DDs tour ?
The 76 tour wasn't i m o as good as the 78 tour , Bowie had pretty much become a singer of titanic skill and was also at the height of his natural powers ?

Stacey Heydon will always deserve a place in the Bowie cannon for his solo on Panic in Detroit , check the 76 rehearsals a mind blowing bit of guitar playing !!!

Bowie and Alice Cooper pretty much owned the theatrical stage music wise , people like Prince and Michael Jackson were pretty much flogging this theatrical thing to death as by the time they were doing it Bowie had left it behind until the Glass Spider tour that is happy.gif I'm guessing that was probably a return to the Diamond Dogs tour for the fans to enjoy but brought up to speed 87 ?

Personally I enjoyed the hell out of GS tour .

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 20 2017, 11:13 AM 

Yeah, but at least Bowie didn't have a mullet on the Diamond Dogs tour! wink.gif

andy
(Login andyrushworth)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 20 2017, 9:11 PM 

This message has been edited by andyrushworth on Jul 20, 2017 9:12 PM

MICHAEL FISH, UK HEIR
(Login LuisKantor)
BW Member

Re: of course, it is a good thing...

No score for this post
August 8 2017, 8:10 PM 

"in the same way that the 1972 Rainbow show lost some of its mystique when all those photos from it appeared in the 80s and you could see that the stage set was literally a bit of scaffolding, a few planks and some sawdust!"

In the early 70s, that's what passed for avant-garde. It was basically the same set (scaffolding, sawdust) as Lindsay Kemp was using for hiw own production of Genet's 'Flowers'.

Excellent work (as always), Nacho!

This message has been edited by LuisKantor on Aug 8, 2017 8:11 PM

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Re: of course, it is a good thing...

No score for this post
August 8 2017, 8:57 PM 

I love this stuff
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website