<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New Box Set & Remix of Lodger

July 15 2017 at 1:57 AM
No score for this post

Barton  (Login BartonLondon)
BW Member

I am most excited about the Visconti remix of Lodger. I recall Tony stating somewhere that he and David were not entirely happy with the sound and that the album sounded as though it was recorded through soap or words to that effect.

Is it possible the remix will improve the sound quality? I note that, even after the latest remixes of Ziggy and the early stuff, you still have to turn the volume up for that fuller, clearer sound? Does anyone know? Is Tony V. on this site!? 😄

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

Re: New Box Set & Remix of Lodger

No score for this post
July 15 2017, 5:02 AM 

I don't understand Visconti's silence about Bowie projects, future releases, Lodger remix, possible new anthology.

Sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 15 2017, 6:18 AM 

well if we knew something better was on the way, we wouldn't buy what's offered to us now.

This message has been edited by ziggythecowboy on Jul 15, 2017 6:18 AM

Brett
(Login themysteries)
BW Member

Lodger

No score for this post
July 15 2017, 8:05 AM 

Lodger was recorded in analogue which is why the sound quality is not as good as it might be. I never thought at the beginning of Fantastic voyage sounded as good as it should.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Re: Lodger

No score for this post
July 15 2017, 9:20 AM 

Maybe Neon Permafrost will get a release.

"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 15 2017, 9:52 AM 

you may hear a few more crickets.
but don't expect it to sound too much different.
they are claiming it was done recently but i suspect this was done years ago around the time when tv gave that red bull lecture. it was probably just remastered last year.

nick f
(Login nickfa)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 15 2017, 10:54 AM 

"Lodger was recorded in analogue which is why the sound quality is not as good as it might be. I never thought at the beginning of Fantastic voyage sounded as good as it should".

So was every thing else up until the mid 90's , I might be wrong but i thought earthling was the first fully digitally recorded Bowie album. I think the mix for Lodger was just rushed.

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 16 2017, 2:44 PM 

Incredible scenes on BBW.

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 16 2017, 3:01 PM 

i hope some alternate vocals like Wild is the Wind on Station boxset

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 16 2017, 5:08 PM 

He phoned in most of his singing so hopefully that will be sorted out. Use the room mike, none of this close up rubbish.

'Sound quality' LOL

Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 16 2017, 7:36 PM 

I always assumed that the thin mix, the vocal style, the lack of tunes was all part of its shtick. It was never an album I really connected with as much as I wanted to I have to confess. Be interesting to hear the remix though.

Jon

muzz
(Login muzz08)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 16 2017, 10:09 PM 

Agree. It was all that was good about the previous two refined to a production line, which was both a development and a negation of the aesthetic. Plus Montreux. Yuck. Soz, that sounds v Morley. Obviously it's got some great tunes on it, am looking forward to the new mix v much.

Anonymous
(Login yuri1204)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 17 2017, 6:23 PM 

Here are his thoughts wink.gif
http://www.tonyvisconti.com

Anonymous
(Login NorseSwagger)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 17 2017, 1:12 AM 

Was Look Back in Anger the only Lodger song that Bowie re-recorded in 1988?

Curious..

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 17 2017, 1:46 AM 

I believe so.

This message has been edited by ziggythecowboy on Jul 17, 2017 3:25 AM

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 17 2017, 10:51 AM 

Visconti has long claimed that Lodger's original mix was a rush job that neither he nor Bowie were happy with.
so this remix is something I'm really interested to hear.
Visconti can't claim he hasn't had long enough to get it right, eh!

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 3 2017, 7:44 PM 

How different will this Lodger mix be I wonder, more strings?
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

birotheleggy
(Login biro_the_leggy)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 3 2017, 10:09 PM 

I just hope that the off-beat 'whoosh' sound on "DJ" isn't as noticeable

I can't listen to that song on (good) headphones

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 4 2017, 8:00 AM 

Much like the ZS03 remix, I'm sure the things that I consider errors will be overlooked, or indeed made worse.

Either way, will be great to hear.

Barton
(Login BartonLondon)
BW Member

New Box Set & Remix of Lodger

No score for this post
August 4 2017, 7:37 PM 

Yes, I think that emphasizing the errors was the whole point of Lodger. It should be interesting.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website