<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The song, Blackstar, is it a magical spell?

August 8 2017 at 8:23 PM
No score for this post
sam  (Login whitecaps)
BW Member

Hi, consider the words,

"Something happened on the day he died
His spirit rose a meter and stepped aside.
Someone took his place and bravely cried,
"I'm a Black Star..."

Does this not sound like some black, voodoo spell? I think most people first heard this song on the day of Bowie's death. Perhaps Bowie, in an attempt to survive, summoned an occult ritual in which one would take his place so Bowie's spirit could enter the new body.

It sounds crazy, but I didn't make up these lyrics!

This message has been edited by whitecaps on Aug 8, 2017 8:24 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
sam
(Login whitecaps)
BW Member

Re: The song, Blackstar, is it a magical spell?

No score for this post
August 8 2017, 8:47 PM 

Don't forget Bowie said the song, STS, was a "magic treatise" and no one seemed to notice.

Tino
(Login beanypig)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 9 2017, 10:54 AM 

Sam, it's fair to assume Bowie was into a lot of metaphysical stuff as I passionately am:
UFOs, spirituality, etc. Goodness knows what is being revealed to him in the other dimensions(s)
and I SERIOUSLY wish he would speak out to us from there. But, as you know, a lot of folk on here
will just trounce the fuck out of this stuff or it will fall on deaf ears. The planet and the Multiverse
is FILLED with wonders beyond our understanding and now Bowie is in the mix.

sam
(Login whitecaps)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 9 2017, 12:45 PM 

It is easy to hear this song as a ceremony or ritual by which Bowie's spirit is transferred from one body to another. The video also offers some kind of allegiance to this realm.

It's odd that so few address the lyrics to this song.

Paddy
(Login pproche)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 9 2017, 2:32 PM 

I think the answer to your question in No. I think it is more of a magic spell or a cantation* if you will. Whatever it was, I don't believe it worked, sadly.

* ?

sammy mcnight
(Login pleasecomeaway)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 9 2017, 2:57 PM 

there is a line of succession.

sam
(Login whitecaps)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 9 2017, 3:59 PM 

Who might be next in line?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website