<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Podcast: Year of the Bowie

August 9 2017 at 2:18 PM
Average Score 3.5 (2 people)

Barton  (Login BartonLondon)
BW Member

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/bdwpscom-2/the-year-of-the-bowie

This series of nine podcasts has some very good material on David that I have never heard. I found the podcasts up to and including Scary Monsters quite good and, in some cases, even moving. There are interviews with Luther Vandross, Toni Basil (and others). The content appears to be well researched and accurate for the most part, though I do not agree with some of the opinions or conclusions expressed about David and his work. As is often the case, David's work in the 90's and the 2000's is given a negligible amount of coverage. Even Heathen, The Next Day and Blackstar, while discussed, are not given the in depth coverage they deserve.

However, these podcasts are better than most of the Bowie materials I have read or listened to, and they are definitely worth a listen. (I do not know if they have been previously posted and discussed on BowieWonderworld.) I hope you enjoy this, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions.

This message has been edited by BartonLondon on Aug 9, 2017 7:31 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

MICHAEL FISH, UK HEIR
(Login LuisKantor)
BW Member

Re: Podcast: Year of the Bowie

No score for this post
August 9 2017, 4:51 PM 

Thanks for the heads up - fascinating stuff.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website