<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Now that he has gone

August 10 2017 at 10:36 PM
No score for this post
Footstompin   (Login footstompin)
BW Member

How can i do now? He has been a guide for me for 35 years. From velvet to arcade fire, from Burroughs to ricky Gervais, i followed his choices. And now i feel the loss. I have no one to open my mind like he did.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

Re: Now that he has gone

No score for this post
August 11 2017, 12:06 AM 

He did a few crap things too, as you point out above Arcade Fire and Ricky Gervais are just two, but I would add things like skiing, Labyrinth and dying, they were pretty crap things to do also.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Stranger
(Login Stranger-In-A-Strange-Land)
BW Member

there are others...

No score for this post
August 11 2017, 12:12 AM 

well there are countless other artists with their own passions and inspirations.

Personally I'd recommend checking out some of these - Dexys, The Fall, The Waterboys (Fisherman's Blues)...

Also people like Neil Young, Leonard Cohen, The Who...

While Bowie has either endorsed work by some of those (or they've ebdorsed him), there are tens, hundreds more artists and bands who can also enlighten and guide in their own way.
------------------
The next EMI Expanded Editions:
* What are your hopes for these releases?
* Let's have The Man Who Sold The World with the complete Paris Cinema Studios, Feb 5, 1970 radio concert, and the complete April 1970 radio session. Hunky Dory - add the complete Paris Cinema Studios concert, June 1971 in stereo, from the BBC Stereo Transcription LP if the master is lost!
* Any future live 1974 release MUST include a recording of Drive In Saturday from the early part of the tour, it's classic!
The next DVD release?
* Cracked Actor / Omnibus documentary must be released on DVD!

Recommended:
Tiffiny Townsend | She's Got Issues | The She Creatures |

This message has been edited by Stranger-In-A-Strange-Land on Aug 11, 2017 12:14 AM

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Re: there are others...

No score for this post
August 11 2017, 8:05 AM 

Get a good Bowie book (like Any Day Now) and I'm sure you'll find more stuff to dig into that he liked.

Travel safely dude xxxx

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website