<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

Re: Unreleased Songs

No score for this post
August 17 2017, 2:19 PM 

Nick, let's follow this logic and say (and god forbid this) you have a heart attack and you turn to me for help and I say 'i don't know nothing about the appropriate treatment of cardiovascular episodes' You'd take your old teacher's advice and think 'oh so he DOES know something' and ask me to treat you?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Nick F
(Login nickfa)
BW Member

Score 5.0 (1 person)
August 17 2017, 2:57 PM 

Jon believe it or not I have had 4 of them, luckily the Paramedics and ambulance staff knew something, but those cardiologists don't know nuffin.

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 17 2017, 3:07 PM 

Philippe Auliac must to know the truth

This message has been edited by MGOSCH on Aug 17, 2017 5:08 PM

jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 17 2017, 4:42 PM 

@nick, oh you poor chap - i do hope that's the last of them. And glad to see your sense of humour is intact! Jon

nick f
(Login nickfa)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 17 2017, 5:53 PM 

@Jon, Thanks Jon i am doing ok , yes luckily my sense of humour is intact I just hope if there is anything left in those vaults they release it pretty quick.

Anonymous
(Login TimmySheen)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 17 2017, 7:18 PM 

What would be even weirder than finding out that Bowie had bona fide good tracks unreleased in the vault that we'd never heard of before, or even a whole shelved album we didn't know about, would be discovering a 1971 version of Blackstar. Girl loves me could easily have been written in 1973 for example. It's happened a couple of times actually - particularly the scary monsters album which is a right old rummage through his waste paper basket but it would be really weird if even more recent stuff was actually a rerecording.

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 17 2017, 8:03 PM 

Bowie always seemed to be recycling stuff, Through 70s , 80s , I wouldn't be surprised !

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 17 2017, 8:33 PM 

I think Dollar Days is a recycled 60s ditty.

Kevin Cann might know
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Doctorocto
(Login doctoroctopussy)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 17 2017, 11:41 PM 

It was said that Bowie was compiling a box set of unreleased material during the last year of his life and that we may see it in 2018.
----------------------------------------------

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 17 2017, 11:55 PM 

No way,the vault is empty.All Bowie's material was recycled for Blackstar and TND

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 18 2017, 2:18 AM 

anyway, i'll talk with Zysblat to know the truth

This message has been edited by MGOSCH on Aug 18, 2017 2:18 AM

Solasuke
(Login Solasuke)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 25 2017, 1:51 AM 

Am I the only one wondering how on earth you know this, especially what's on reel 3? I am very curious...

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 25 2017, 2:27 AM 

It's simple , many contacts all over the Europe, people that's only use facebook .

Markmywurdz
(Login Markmywurdz)
BW Member

Decca Years

No score for this post
August 18 2017, 12:07 PM 

A friend of mine called Dorian Wathen oversaw the first Decca '97 anthology - its quite well recorded that a lot of what he requested was turned down from that era (according to Dorian a whole new album worth) despite much pleading with the Isolar office. H wasn't a big DB fan so couldn't tell me all the tracks but it did include various alternative takes and demos as well as unreleased material. I personally loved this era...

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Re: Decca Years

No score for this post
August 18 2017, 12:25 PM 

Tony Hatch recorded Bowie and his band before deciding to get in session musicians. I know this because he told me he has the recordings plus other stuff they were trying out.

There is material out there but as to whether it will see the light of day is debatable.
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 7:28 AM 

There's loads of home demos. I'd be happy with that - especially ones that were discarded or stripped out for use in other songs (like Tired Of My Life). Depends on the era I guess - 60s / Haddon Hall - loads of home 4 track material. We know it would be fascinating. I'm not sure Bowie's people would. I'm happy that we have the unofficial stuff that we do have.

MajorStardust
(Login majorstardust)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 8:27 AM 

TMWFTE soundtrack will never appear as most of it was used in one form or another on either S2S or Low

Stranger
(Login Stranger-In-A-Strange-Land)
BW Member

I would love to hear more demos

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 9:34 AM 

I was listening to the raw demo of Quicksand last night, it has a lovely rawness to it.

They do have more stuff from the 'Space Oddity' era, as the (possibly slightly overdubbed) demo of An Occasional Dream shows they have the 'Beckenham Oddity' material in high quality form. Some Three Tuns recordings from 1969 would likely still exist somewhere.

The material from the Deram sessions would indeed be very interesting, as well as the Tony Hatch sessions.

The existence of Sweet Head, the different mix of Round and Round, the Ziggy Stardust demo suggest they have Ziggy offcuts, and we know there were loads of demos made in 1970-71 too.

I would love to hear a true stereo version of The Shadowman demo - there's a reasonable chance that would exist in the vaults somewhere. While some demos would be done in mono only if they were rough, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance a full band demo recording would have been made in stereo as it was standard by then...sometimes mono copies of recordings were made but stereo versions existed too (the 1971 radio concert is a classic example - still comes out in mono on the BBC box set, but the BBC issued a true stereo tape of most of the concert).

In fact a true stereo version of the Paris Cinema Studios 1971 concert, and the full Paris Cinema Studios 1970 concert would help bolster an 'early days' box set, as would a stereo take of the original version of Holy Holy.

I have not bought the last £100-£200 boxes. I would however quite happily spend such sums on a boxed set comprising demos and alternate takes over the years, it would be fascinating.

------------------
The next EMI Expanded Editions:
* What are your hopes for these releases?
* Let's have The Man Who Sold The World with the complete Paris Cinema Studios, Feb 5, 1970 radio concert, and the complete April 1970 radio session. Hunky Dory - add the complete Paris Cinema Studios concert, June 1971 in stereo, from the BBC Stereo Transcription LP if the master is lost!
* Any future live 1974 release MUST include a recording of Drive In Saturday from the early part of the tour, it's classic!
The next DVD release?
* Cracked Actor / Omnibus documentary must be released on DVD!

Recommended:
Tiffiny Townsend | She's Got Issues | The She Creatures |

Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

Re: I would love to hear more demos

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 9:52 AM 

Stranger

For something like this to be released, his estate would have to believe that a ragbag collection of off cuts, try outs and juvenilia that Bowie created before he found his 'voice' would add to the Bowie legacy and/or be commercially viable. I suspect that your money is safe in your piggy bank.

jon

This message has been edited by the_starman on Aug 19, 2017 9:55 AM

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

Re: I would love to hear more demos

No score for this post
August 20 2017, 4:29 AM 

Where's the files?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website