<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Stranger
(Login Stranger-In-A-Strange-Land)
BW Member

that's unlike you

No score for this post
August 20 2017, 11:54 AM 

putting down someone else's ideas or suggestions happy.gif

Erm, the Bowie at the Beeb covered a similar period to the one I suggested.

Idiot happy.gif
------------------
The next EMI Expanded Editions:
* What are your hopes for these releases?
* Let's have The Man Who Sold The World with the complete Paris Cinema Studios, Feb 5, 1970 radio concert, and the complete April 1970 radio session. Hunky Dory - add the complete Paris Cinema Studios concert, June 1971 in stereo, from the BBC Stereo Transcription LP if the master is lost!
* Any future live 1974 release MUST include a recording of Drive In Saturday from the early part of the tour, it's classic!
The next DVD release?
* Cracked Actor / Omnibus documentary must be released on DVD!

Recommended:
Tiffiny Townsend | She's Got Issues | The She Creatures |

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

Re: that's unlike you

No score for this post
August 20 2017, 1:14 PM 

I wasn't putting your idea down stranger! Sorry if it came across like that. I just don't think it's viable - commercially or artistically. The Beeb box had some prime 'ziggy' material as a selling point, and don't forget these things have to sell for them to make sense. And that does mean appeal beyond hard core fans like you and me.

I think the best we can hope for is the odd live album culled from a bootleg and, perhaps in time, another 'sound and vision' type box with a few more rarities thrown in. It'll be interesting to see what they have planned after the current box set series.

jon

This message has been edited by the_starman on Aug 20, 2017 1:20 PM

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 20 2017, 1:38 PM 

Neon Permafrost is currently available at 83€ on coloured vinyl.

I would like to see BOS get the vinyl release it deserves. The Glastonbury 2000 set may be on the way.

Something will happen.
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 21 2017, 10:26 AM 

According to Paul Buckmaster - who worked on TMWFTE soundtrack with Bowie and who still has a copy of the recording -
the only thing from the soundtrack that was ever reused in Bowie's subsequent work was part of a bassline in Subterraneans.
I know we'd all love to hear a soundtrack, but Jon's right - chances are, Bowie's estate aren't going to do anything for the 'hardcore'
beyond the occasional extra in a more commercially-orientated release.
Hence the Lodger remix appearing as part of this boxset at least 6 years after Visconti finished it.
Bowie himself had plenty of opportunities to 'open the vault' - with a few exceptions, he flatly refused to do so.
There's a clue there.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 21 2017, 11:12 AM 

I spoke to Keith Christmas years ago. He told me that Both Guns Are Out There was from something DB worked on possibly for the TMWFTE soundtrack.
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 21 2017, 4:26 PM 

Hasn't Keith Christmas also claimed at various times that his stuff was on Black Tie White Noise too
and that can't remember if it was the late '70s or early '80s when Bowie called him in?!
Can't remember if Buckmaster's ever mentioned any other musicians playing on the soundtrack other than him and Bowie,
but the fact that he actually got Buckmaster involved at all after all those years means he could quite well have
delved into the past and dredged up Keith Christmas too, eh!
Especially as Bowie had already done it once when he apparently auditioned him for the Diamond Dogs tour.
Interesting angle on it, Ena!

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 28 2017, 9:58 PM 

I'm pretty sure there will be further box sets after they have exhausted these current volumes of previously released material.
probably a live series and a rare and unreleased anthology style series and then there's the visual side of it to consider.
and no doubt there will be the material we know of and stuff we never even knew existed.

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 29 2017, 1:00 AM 

According a friend of mine, 2037 will be released an Anthology with ten...yes...10 volumes

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 29 2017, 10:29 AM 

Sounds legit.

Anonymous
(Login BenderRodriguez)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 29 2017, 12:29 PM 

I wonder what will happen on the 8th of jan 2047. Bowie 100. Which will be a Tuesday.

If I'm still around I'd probably organise some sort of celebration in Bromley, although I would be 72.

Scott
(Login Nature_Boy)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 29 2017, 2:04 PM 

I'll come providing there are adequate toilet facilities. At our time of life, it's an important consideration.
The Thin White Duke - David Bowie Tribute Band
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Nick F
(Login nickfa)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 29 2017, 4:43 PM 

I will be there, providing my taxidermist does a good job.

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

Score 5.0 (1 person)
August 29 2017, 5:05 PM 

I will be 86 , either Ashes to Ashes or ( very) Tired of my Life !

Anonymous
(Login TimmySheen)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 29 2017, 10:10 PM 

What will happen in n 2047?

There will be a reissue package of course starting with Ziggy Stardust and finishing with a reissue of Scary Monsters to celebrate his 'golden years' The BBC will have a 1 hour documentary Called 100 years And they will play his official hits on radio 6. The reissue programme will focus on the official album tracks with all out-takes and alternate versions deleted to ensure the canon is preserved as david would have wanted. The few remaining clips of cracked actor and the Hemings film of the 78 tour will be ceremonially burned to avoid any revisionist alternative history of Bowie after the fake news riots of 2033. In other words it will be unspeakably dull and the countless anniversies will become a a ritualistic nod to a picture on the wall of a guy who will by then have become a cartoon charicature like james dean or che Guevara or Elvis or Marilyn Monroe and no one will really remember what was new or interesting about it because the Internet will have killed absolutely everything by then, as inevitably it must.

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 29 2017, 10:24 PM 

The year is 2037, an official source(Bob)told me last week

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 30 2017, 8:15 AM 

I doubt there will be record labels in 20 years.

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

No score for this post
September 5 2017, 1:35 AM 

the vault is FULL

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website