<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Dylan Jones = yet another parasite?

August 19 2017 at 11:11 AM
No score for this post

Nuclearstar  (Login nuclear_star)
BW Member

For someone who spoke so warmly during interviews after his (db) death and has always made it clear what a fan he is, surprised that he lowered he's standards and sold his soul.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4800164/David-Bowie-slept-13-year-olds-engaged-orgies.html

Dylan Jones. Parasite? Time will tell, but seems he thinks not. Best not judge a book/man by its tabloid serialisation.
Sound of the devil, breaking parole.

This message has been edited by nuclear_star on Aug 21, 2017 8:33 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Re: Dylan Jones = yet another parasite

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 12:17 PM 

It's a work of fiction and made up.

The culture of the 60s/70s and the groupie thing will have some people believing it. A musician I know who toured with Bowie said he mostly went to his room to read when others stayed up. He also used to ask for a tea when band mates would knock
back the booze.

He was no Roman Polanski by all accounts.
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 12:58 PM 

I'm surprised at Jones ( Dylan ) that is , just a load of fabrication, and the dead don't answer back, he wouldn't have taken the chance when Bowie was alive, he would have sued his arse off!

This message has been edited by west406 on Aug 19, 2017 4:05 PM

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 1:11 PM 

He was one of the 2013 mob. Not a super fan.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 1:28 PM 

I'm never surprised at the antics of a hack.

MICHAEL FISH, UK HEIR
(Login LuisKantor)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 1:36 PM 

Don't blame Dylan Jones - blame the repugnant Daily Mail, a "newspaper" which is reported for transgressions of the Editors Code in respect of the "truth and accuracy" clause more often than every other national title put together.

I'd be surprised if the article bears much relationship to the Dylan Jones book - but I was not surprised to see Wendy Leigh's name crop up again in relation to dishing dirt on db.

The fact that the Mail hack who cooked up the story thinks Lindsay Kemp is female demonstrates the kind of attention to detail employed by the Mail.

This message has been edited by LuisKantor on Aug 19, 2017 1:42 PM

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 1:47 PM 

Disgusting that they gave away the iSelect compilation.

Isolar76
(Login Isolar76)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 7:50 PM 

Dylan Jones responsed to my criticism of his book on his Instagram page. He told me that the headlines in the tabloids are not the same as what’s on the book, and the headlines are a misrepresentation of his book, as it’s not a gossip monger book. And responsed to someone else that he wasn’t paid or or has anything to do with the description of the contents of his books appearing in tabloids etc.

Interesting that Wendi Leigh died not long after Bowie, especially as she made unsubstantiated claims that he had 6 heart attacks etc.

Doctorocto
(Login doctoroctopussy)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 8:41 PM 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/aug/19/ronnie-wood-artist-art-book-rolling-stones-interview

Ronnie Wood saying he had a stroke?
----------------------------------------------

sammy mcnight
(Login pleasecomeaway)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 8:50 PM 

Another book!

Bowie's greatest gift may have been convincing others they had a book IN them ABOUT him.

Bowie is the Zelig of books. He is destined to become the subject of all books. Because no one can find him, everyone feels compelled to chronicle their own personal rendezvous with the fish that always gets away. He's already 300 feet long and growing. Like Moby Dick he has 100 broken harpoons trailing out of him. Mere grazings!

We know he was here because 1,000 books tell us so.

www.gettheebehind.me

This message has been edited by pleasecomeaway on Aug 19, 2017 9:06 PM

MICHAEL FISH, UK HEIR
(Login LuisKantor)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 9:51 PM 

"We know he was here because 1,000 books tell us so"

Not because we saw him in concert and bought his records then...?

The book thing is no different to The Beatles or Elvis, no need to create some Paul Morleyesque insight to explain the abundance of books.

1EyedWick
(Login 1EyedWick)
BW Member

I thought...

No score for this post
August 20 2017, 6:25 AM 

I understand he had eight heart attacks before he died, yes?

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 20 2017, 6:12 PM 

I think Dylan Jones is mixed up or been fed duff information and is getting Bowie mixed up with Alice Cooper. Cooper had a song called 'I Love The Dead', so who are you more likely to offer a warm dead body to? Someone who's never even mentioned dead bodies before and whom you know very little about, or to a famous rock star who professes to love them?

Also in 1972, Bowie wasn't all that well known in the USA, it was the Spiders first tour, so I doubt he would have attracted that kind of offer anyway.

My money's on it being an apocryphal tale involving Cooper originally.

As for the groupies and the Nazi stuff, all that's been known about since the Gilmans book in 1985.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 20 2017, 6:54 PM 

He says the Mail used the opportunity to dig out the sensationalist stories off the back of serialisation of his book. I guess we'll wait and see.

Doctorocto
(Login doctoroctopussy)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 20 2017, 7:07 PM 

Daily Fail is just the middle class version of the soarway Sun. Drivel.
----------------------------------------------

Em
(Login crackedemerald)
BW Member

Re: Dylan Jones = parasite

No score for this post
August 20 2017, 9:38 PM 

I think Mr. Bowie would have been happy to suppress the news of his death, had he been able.

He was lucky to be in a city full of medical technology: unless you have an immediately-fatal incident, they can treat a heart attack or stroke with good odds of a decent outcome.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
September 6 2017, 11:03 AM 

Dylan Jones will be on 6music today talking to Stuart Maconi about the Bowie biography.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
September 7 2017, 7:46 AM 

It's on the BBC iPlayer (6music Radcliffe and Maconi show) at 1hr 36m in approximately.

Have a listen

Valentino_Liberace
(Login Valentino_Liberace)
BW Member

No score for this post
September 7 2017, 5:07 PM 

Dylan comes across like a genuine Bowie fan, good interview and nothing scandalous divulged.

Link to interview .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b093plvm

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

[linked image]

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
September 7 2017, 5:54 PM 

I hope the only thing we learn isn't that Winifred Atwell owned a row of houses on Stansfield Road.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website