<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Isolar76
(Login Isolar76)
BW Member

Re: Dylan Jones = yet another parasite?

No score for this post
September 7 2017, 8:39 PM 

I bought the Dylan Jones book.

In general from so far skimming through it , I would say it’s a brilliant book. I’m just disappointed that an online article by a lunatic journalist regards unsubstantiated claims of sex with a underage has been put in the book towards the end.

This is the article reprinted in the book.....

http://www.salon.com/2016/01/13/the_dark_side_of_david_bowie_as_the_mourning_goes_on_we_cant_ignore_his_history_with_underaged_groupies_in_70s/

I don’t know why Dylan Jones thought the need to lift this internet article and put in his book.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
September 8 2017, 12:03 AM 

She says she was 15 years old but the age of consent in France is 15. In some other countries, it's even lower. In fact, Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin and it was legal.

So morally, what Bowie did can be viewed as wrong, but maybe he didn't do anything illegal. It depends on what the age of consent was in that state at the time.

Certainly, the episode shouldn't be buried and forgotten, it's part of his story, however much people dislike to hear it.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
September 8 2017, 8:46 AM 

Some good bits in that interview. Correcting the oft repeated '1973' date of Starman on TOTP won me over straight away.

I did the same to Steve Saxophone at one of the first Holy Holy gig during his heartfelt intro speech. Cue staring daggers at me for the rest of the set.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website