<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Want to see David Bowie Glamour Fanzine Issue 1?

August 25 2017 at 11:50 AM
Average Score 2.3 (3 people)
Andy  (Login worlebury3)
BW Member

Here is a short film about how issue 1 of the fanzine, how we acquired content and the story behind it.This evening at 7:30 UK time i will upload a 2 part video about issue 2 of the fanzine. Don't miss it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvbmpbUyHK4

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Andy
(Login worlebury3)
BW Member

Re: Want to see David Bowie Glamour Fanzine Issue 1?

Average Score 1.0 (2 people)
August 25 2017, 6:56 PM 

You can order issue 2 herehttps://davidbowieglamour.wordpress.com/home/issue-2/ It comes with a free poster, A3 size, of the cover art by Helen Green. Issue 2 also has a UV cover.

Andy
(Login worlebury3)
BW Member

Average Score 1.0 (2 people)
August 25 2017, 7:33 PM 

Want to know about the fanzine? Here are short films about issue 2. Part 1https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndedZaOEZ8M and part two.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndedZaOEZ8M

Jan
(Login FTcollector)
BW Member

Score 5.0 (1 person)
August 25 2017, 9:29 PM 

Am I the only one who thinks it's rather strange that you are continuing to blow smoke up your own arse in multiple threads again, at no advertising charge ?

Andy
(Login worlebury3)
BW Member

Score 1.0 (1 person)
August 25 2017, 9:49 PM 

You sound nice.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 25 2017, 11:26 PM 

Is there a Glamour website?

"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Andy
(Login worlebury3)
BW Member

Score 1.0 (1 person)
August 26 2017, 6:40 PM 

Yes, the website to order the fanzines is davidbowieglamour.com But the fanzine will only ever be a hard copy. never online. I've been a Bowie fan since i first saw him in April 1972 and this fanzine is the best ever published. You wont be disappointed. Guaranteed. That's why Bowie official have the exclusive initial reveal of the cover of issue 3 and the names of contributors. Thanks. Andy.

Andy
(Login worlebury3)
BW Member

Score 1.0 (1 person)
August 26 2017, 6:47 PM 

Yes i think you might be. Since your post on this thread ive received multiple responses from other fans supporting the fanzine and praising the design and content. Shame you havent bought it. You would eat yr words.
Here's an example by the way of a response i received by email.

Andy,

Just wanted to say please ignore those idiots on the Bowie wonder world forum - it's surely jealousy.

I hope you'll continue to update us using that medium as I don't use Twitter or FB. Is there any other way to know what's going on? I don't want to miss an issue and may forget to check your website.

Many thanks - and congratulations on such a great magazine.

Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

where's there's smoke

No score for this post
August 27 2017, 12:31 PM 

given the amount of smoke that his blown up all sorts of arses here, I'd have thought someone using a fan forum to promote a fanzine could hardly be a source of criticism.

Congratulations Andy on what is clearly a labour of love. Your efforts have clearly made a lot of people very happy already and that's no small feat around here!

Jon

This message has been edited by the_starman on Aug 27, 2017 12:31 PM

Andy
(Login worlebury3)
BW Member

Re: where's there's smoke

Average Score 3.0 (2 people)
August 27 2017, 12:55 PM 

Thank you Jon. I appreciate your kind words. All of us involved in the fanzine work hard to secure the best content possible, virtually all of which fans will not have previously read. We have secured a lot of previously unseen Bowie images for future issues. Our designer @LoveMilkyCereal spends about 4 months designing each issue. Helen Green has already started work on the cover for issue 3 liaising with Bowie collaborators. Nick (@QuietSeclusion) and I (@DavidBowieGlam)secure the content and i am responsible for posting out orders which is a mammoth task i can tell you. Nick also proof reads everything - again a mammoth task. Erin manages our Instagram account form New York for the love of it.

We are all in this for the love of it. Nothing more. Yes i will continue to promote the fanzine on this message board. Paul promotes it for us too, as does Nick Vernon on David Bowie News. Maybe i should mention that Nacho will be contributing to a future issue too.

Don't judge the fanzine unless you have read both issues. It is quality in every way. I guess it has to have something going for it for David Bowie Official to add it to their media!!!

Thanks for the kind support from many of you.

I will be posting an issue 3 snippet of news at 7:30 on this message board. Issue 3 will be spectacular we promise that.

All of us are Bowie fans on this message board. I am shocked at the one or two venomous comments on this message board. Didnt realise plugging a David Bowie FANZINE MADE BY FANS FOR FANS on a Bowie message board could attract such nasty comments.

If you want both issues of the fanzine order here davidbowieglamour.com I GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE THEM! WE ARE BOWIE DISCIPLES, SO WE KNOW YOU WILL.

Thanks all. From

Andy, Nick, Chris, Helen, Erin.

Andy
(Login worlebury3)
BW Member

Score 1.0 (1 person)
August 29 2017, 6:04 PM 

We now have only 5 copies of issue 1 of David Bowie Glamour Fanzine left. Please order here davidbowieglamour.com

Andy
(Login worlebury3)
BW Member

Score 1.0 (1 person)
August 31 2017, 1:16 PM 

Final orders please for issue 1 of the fanzine. davidbowieglamour.com

Andy
(Login worlebury3)
BW Member

Score 1.0 (1 person)
September 1 2017, 6:14 PM 

What do David Bowie fans think about David Bowie Glamour Fanzine having bought it and read it? Take a look at the feedback from buyers herehttps://davidbowieglamour.wordpress.com/testimonials/

Andy
(Login worlebury3)
BW Member

No score for this post
September 4 2017, 10:36 PM 

Who wants the final copy of issue 1 of David Bowie Glamour Fanzine? davidbowieglamour.com

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website