<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

brand new drag

August 29 2017 at 3:43 PM
No score for this post
Jon  (Login the_starman)
BW Member

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

Re: brand new drag

No score for this post
August 29 2017, 5:01 PM 

Jon , its fucking riveting Zzzzzzzzz.....

sammy mcnight
(Login pleasecomeaway)
BW Member

Score 5.0 (1 person)
August 29 2017, 5:07 PM 

I love how the mauve really brings out the bass.
www.gettheebehind.me

birotheleggy
(Login biro_the_leggy)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 29 2017, 5:27 PM 

It's crazy how often the bootleg of the St. Louis show from the Outside Tour has been re-pressed and re-released

I mean... there's "Back in Anger" "Radio Broadcast" "Complete Broadcasts" "We Prick You" "1. Hurling Disdain Volume One" "1. Hurling Disdain Volume Two ‎" and now "Nite Flights" [and those are just from the past couple of years]

Plus, "Stage 1: Hurling Disdain" "Live Hate" and then there's of course the bootleg taken from the Master Recording

...I mean - at some point, you'd think that Bowie Co. would have gotten the message, tidied up the audio a bit and released an official package*

btw - if you didn't know - it's not a radio broadcast. All of the boots are sourced from a mono soundboard recording. Whoever released "Stage 1: Hurling Disdain" did that audio trick where you make 'fake stereo' from a mono source (I forget what it's called when you do that)

* but then... I guess how long did it take for them to release 'Santa Monica '72' or 'Nassau '76'

This message has been edited by biro_the_leggy on Aug 29, 2017 5:55 PM

Nick f
(Login nickfa)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 29 2017, 7:08 PM 

Bowie/record companies actually had the master tapes of santa monica and Nassau 76, as far as I know The St Louise show was an unauthorized soundboard recording So i doubt it will get an official release but pretty sure they have quite a few recorded shows from that and other post 78 tours in the vaults.

birotheleggy
(Login biro_the_leggy)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 29 2017, 7:26 PM 

Wasn't the professionally shot, unreleased video from the St. Louis performance? I can't remember.

(edit) -> like, where this came from:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4sP1CTuIjs

Also I know that NIN recorded several shows, with the intention of releasing something - but then it kinda evolved into the "Closure" video... which... if I remember correctly was more of a 'behind the scenes clips - with a few live performances' kind of thing (and not like, a full concert or highlights from the tour) - but I haven't watched it in... at least 10-15 years (so I don't totally remember)

This message has been edited by biro_the_leggy on Aug 29, 2017 7:35 PM

nick f
(Login nickfa)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 30 2017, 8:23 AM 

Biro it was October 18, 1995, Phoenix, AZ, Desert Sky Pavillion Directed by Jim Gable and edited by David Williams

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 30 2017, 1:28 PM 

Awful lp covers

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website