<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Inaccuracies in books and podcasts on Bowie...

August 29 2017 at 7:52 PM
No score for this post

Gouster  (Login thegouster)
BW Member

Do you find it frustrating to read so many mistakes in books about db? This podcast has so many mistakes, why not do the research??? Which book has the most mistakes? https://davidbowienews.com/2017/08/podcast-david-bowie-i-was-there/

This message has been edited by thegouster on Aug 29, 2017 7:59 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Re: Inaccuracies in books and podcasts on Bowie...

No score for this post
August 30 2017, 8:27 AM 

Everything has mistakes - even official stuff like sleevenotes. Damn, even the mastering of the music has mistakes. The problem is they usually get the office junior to check up the facts - and most of the time the office junior will just spend getting facts from another 12 year old's Bowie instagram account. It would take nothing for anyone doing something Bowie to just ask the cool people on here.

I remember helping with one of those Mojo (or something) Bowie special magazines in the early 00s and said to the guy - look, there's always mistakes I'll be happy to scan it for you and correct stuff for free. He was all like 'oh it's a surprise! you'll just have to wait and see! It's fantastic, you'll love it!' like I was a fanboy (rather than someone who actually care about the accuracy of these things and knows their shit). Sure enough it came out and had loads of mistakes. I took great pride in sending him the list.

80s Bowie books were the worst - when they stepped more in the direction of being compendiums rather than biographies - although I enjoyed the MIND BLOWN feeling when many of those facts were disproved / corrected. I wouldn't change them for the work. Moonage Daydream / Black Book / Changes. Great days.

I made a thread a while ago for people to add their wrong bowie facts. Should've kept bumping it. It's a daily occurrence.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website