<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Holby City

September 13 2017 at 12:44 PM
No score for this post
Big Marty  (Login JONESTHESINGER2)
BW Member

A guilty pleasure for me and my Wife to curl up in front of the TV, produced a rare treat last night.

An episode entitled 'The Man Who Sold The World' - straight away I alerted my Wife to the fact that this was the title of a classic David Bowie album and song.

As the programme unfurled, we see why this title was used - one of the patients admitted was a David Bowie tribute act in full regalia (a la the 1973 Ziggy/Aladdin Sane Tour), replete with erroneous lightning bolt, etc.

The actor playing 'David' was none other than Kevin Kennedy (of Curly Watts/Coronation Street fame), and he did a mighty fine job of portaying his love for our dearly departed hero, with historical, and factual, reference points.

I'm guessing Kevin is a DB fan in real life - he is a musician after all, and I know he's a big supporter of Manchester City!

I won't spoil it for you, catch up with on BBC iPlayer - it's probably worth keeping for the completist Bowie fan like me!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

Re: Holby City

No score for this post
September 13 2017, 1:45 PM 

You just know that a few years ago, this would've been an Elvis impersonator...

nick f
(Login nickfa)
BW Member

No score for this post
September 13 2017, 7:18 PM 

I believe Kevin Kennedy was in an early incarnation of the Smiths, certainly in a band with johnny Marr

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

No score for this post
September 14 2017, 12:01 PM 

Almost as weird as Les Dennis being a member of Clive Barker's experimental theatre group in the late '70s and early '80s!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website