other things that a cluttered desk means... (humorous)
Most of these apply to myself.
1. The owner has waaaaaaay too much on his/her plate and needs to learn how to say 'NO!' more often.
2. The owner is slightly absent minded. (case in point- I have markers, pencils, etc sitting on the desk right next to the cup that holds them normally)
3. The owner has a really crappy organization system.
4. The owner has a lot of projects all running at once (see point #1).
5. The owner is actually something of a neat freak, but likes to keep the desk a shambling horror to give the impression otherwise.