Agreed...

by Mike

I've been a regular here for about 10 years, though rarely post anything... I miss reading about cool new ideas and interesting setups the pro machinists came up with to make XYZ with a seemingly random assortment of tools, etc. Heck, I'm on the career path I'm on BECAUSE of reading this board. I think I've played about four days of paintball in the last 6 years, and my HPA tanks are all out of hydro by at least 3 years, and there's not a piece of neoprene, elastic, or goggle lens in my kit that doesn't desperately need replacing... But I still keep coming back! I keep telling myself when I get some disposable income I'll send in my Phantom for a pneumatic conversion.

Sooner or later, whenever I get around to taking pictures of my new lathe that's at least 70 years old (my dad can't remember a time when it wasn't in HIS dad's garage), I'll put 'em up here and see if I can get some help figuring out exactly what I have, and what I need to do to it. It's been in my garage for almost 6 months and I haven't even wired up the motor... Something about being a full time college student with virtually unlimited access to every CNC mill/lathe/edm/waterjet/rapid prototyping machine the university has makes the ancient iron in the garage a little harder to find time for.

... And being in Utah where there IS NO organized paintball to speak of... Anyone nearby wanna go for a game?

Posted on Feb 5, 2012, 12:46 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. How did Utah get that bad?. Jaron, Feb 7, 2012
  2. Big state, what county?. Oddux, Feb 7, 2012

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker