Agreed...

by Mike

I've been a regular here for about 10 years, though rarely post anything... I miss reading about cool new ideas and interesting setups the pro machinists came up with to make XYZ with a seemingly random assortment of tools, etc. Heck, I'm on the career path I'm on BECAUSE of reading this board. I think I've played about four days of paintball in the last 6 years, and my HPA tanks are all out of hydro by at least 3 years, and there's not a piece of neoprene, elastic, or goggle lens in my kit that doesn't desperately need replacing... But I still keep coming back! I keep telling myself when I get some disposable income I'll send in my Phantom for a pneumatic conversion.

Sooner or later, whenever I get around to taking pictures of my new lathe that's at least 70 years old (my dad can't remember a time when it wasn't in HIS dad's garage), I'll put 'em up here and see if I can get some help figuring out exactly what I have, and what I need to do to it. It's been in my garage for almost 6 months and I haven't even wired up the motor... Something about being a full time college student with virtually unlimited access to every CNC mill/lathe/edm/waterjet/rapid prototyping machine the university has makes the ancient iron in the garage a little harder to find time for.

... And being in Utah where there IS NO organized paintball to speak of... Anyone nearby wanna go for a game?

Posted on Feb 5, 2012, 12:46 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. How did Utah get that bad?. Jaron, Feb 7, 2012
  2. Big state, what county?. Oddux, Feb 7, 2012

eXTReMe Tracker