The Selecter...

by

Yeah, the built-in search isn't all that great. It was easier to check my files for the photo and make a lucky guess as to where I stashed it on my website. happy.gif

Anyway, here ya go, the cutaways of the Selecter:

[linked image]

[linked image]

Sorry about the quality, I snapped those on a lark, years ago when I still used my old 1.3mp point-and-shoot.

I found the article on the gun- and thus the cutaways- in a large "digest" style book on air guns. Probably the same publisher that makes the big floppy newsprint-paper Gun Digest books. I don't know if they do the airgun version yearly like they did (or do) the gun digest, but I took the photo, as I recall, somewhere around 2004 or 2005.

Once I happened across the drawing, it immediately struck me how similar it was to various paintball designs- the regulator is quite like the Phoenix/RG-1 design, which later became the Angel's Govnair or mini-reg, and of course there's a Shocker/Ion-ish spooler dump chamber.

No bolt, the "shell" is also the breech- the gun just dumps a charge of air through the back of the shell to blow the payload out.

Kinda clever, and supposedly worked pretty well when new, but I'm told it had durability problems. Not a huge issue since it was a self-defense type thing (it fired blasts of CS gas powder or beanbags) and thus was designed to be carried a lot and shot very little, but you might keep that in mind when you play around with it.

Doc.

Posted on Feb 16, 2012, 2:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Thank you!. Renegade_Azzy, Feb 16, 2012

eXTReMe Tracker