more marker work...HALP!!

by

After paying off several bills, I found myself in posession of some extra cash. A quick trip to the local pro shop, and i got a reg and ASA for my race gun project. After installing the parts and checking for leaks, I attempted to cycle the marker. My hard work on this shamelessly kit bashed autococker was rewarded with...nothing.

The CP reg is opened up...not all the way, but enough to let air flow into the marker. The LPR was opened until it started to hiss, then the set screw was turned 'in' one quarter turn. And still, the marker will not fully cycle. When I try to fire it, the sear releases the hammer just fine, but the block barely twitches. I switched out rams and tried a different one, but no luck.

On the bottom of the solenoid (This is an Eblade 1, so the solenoid IS exposed, as opposed to the Eblade 2's enclosed solenoid) is an orange button that, when pressed, fully cycles the cocking action.

Not having the instruction manual on hand, I did manage to change the factory default settings on the 1.10 board, checking the Factory Slow, Medium, and Fast settings and still not getting the marker to fully cycle.

The grip and solenoid/pneumatic block were removed from an older eblade, and worked flawlessly on that marker.

What could be causing the issue? All the parts are in good condition, theres no excess grease or old gummy oil on anything...the cocking action cycles when the solenoid 'test' button is pressed, so I dont think its the LPR or Ram. Could the board be giving out?
Doc...still got that Eblade 2 kit, should all else fail?

Posted on Apr 14, 2012, 1:10 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Is air even reaching the gun?. MarkT, Apr 14, 2012
    1. air to marker. , Apr 14, 2012
  2. Voltage issue.... , Apr 14, 2012
    1. ues off the shelf cheap 9v's they workthe best ..... B, Apr 15, 2012
      1. Why do people insist on using the 9V Battery for this?. , Apr 15, 2012
        1. The sear tripping issue.... And why I used 9.6v packs in my tank covers.... , Apr 16, 2012
        2. Want to run a marker on 2 X AAA's ?. , Apr 16, 2012
          1. I'm dealing with a similar issue actually.... , Apr 19, 2012
            1. Too Big. Stevo011, Apr 20, 2012
            2. if you're planning on using a rechargable D cell. . .. Maker of Toys, Apr 20, 2012
  3. Some Ideas. James1981, Apr 15, 2012
    1. Frankencocker. , Apr 18, 2012

eXTReMe Tracker