I hate to say it, but...

by Ketira

...consider this a lesson learned. hug It's a hard lesson, but one that everyone (even me!) has had to learn at one time or another.

Now, however, I'm going to give you what I'd do in this situation. (Besides have my brother & Dad look over the car, & both of them say it's kaput.)

1. Call Legal Assistance back and ask for a Lawyer who handles such things. Be polite but firm about it, and don't take "we don't have one" for an answer. Insist on getting at least a phone # of one who does take such cases. (Go over their heads if you have to and again: Polite but Firm.)

2. Once you've got that, meet up with said lawyer and not only tell him/her what you've told us, but don't forget to bring all the paperwork with you. Lawyers often find things we non-lawyers miss.

3. Listen to what s/he advises, and take notes. Some of these lawyers talk so fast that you may miss a thing or three. Ask questions over what you don't quite understand.

I can see it's going to be hard on you for a while, and I wish you Luck. You're not the only one, btw; I have retained my own lawyer to go up against the government. I'm applying for disability, and I am not backing down 'til I get it.

Posted on May 14, 2012, 4:14 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

eXTReMe Tracker