Could use a gearhead's conjecture on this.... (somewhat OT)

by Ketira

When I bought my condo unit, things hadn't been upgraded to code since it was built in '87... somewhat. I think the hot water tank is newer, as well as the outside A/C condenser.

Things we replaced even before I moved in: Toilet, Range/oven/microwave combo, & washer/dryer combo. So what's the problem this time?

The A/C - that is, the inside unit. It's leaking water terribly, causing mold on the walls & making things damp in that room (it's in the same room as the w/d), and that's something I can't tolerate. (I'm allergic to mold, no matter where it comes from.) The leak comes from the bottom of the unit, and I have no idea what's causing it.

I am wondering how much it'll take to replace the thing to today's standards; probably going to be expensive, and a cost I'll have to repay back to Mom for her medicines. So what I'm asking is: In y'all's experience, can you tell me (a) what the problem is, and (b) how much {estimate} it's going to take to fix/replace?

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 11:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. hmmmmm..... Gunslinger, Jul 7, 2012
  2. Generally speaking.... , Jul 7, 2012
    1. Drain.... , Jul 7, 2012
      1. help with ac. , Jul 7, 2012
        1. help. , Jul 7, 2012
        2. This, plus a few other things.. , Jul 7, 2012
    2. What Doc said. . .. Maker Of Toys, Jul 7, 2012
      1. Социальны&. , Mar 21, 2013
    3. It's almost certainly a clogged drain line. Someone, Jul 7, 2012
      1. Use a shop vac. Sleepydawg, Jul 9, 2012
        1. That's a great idea. Why didn't I think of it? n/t. Someone, Jul 9, 2012
          1. Exactly what I said the first time I saw it.... Anonymous Coward, Jul 10, 2012
            1. Oops, that's me, obviously. NT. Sleepydawg, Jul 10, 2012
  3. Check the face of the air cooler. Eric, Jul 8, 2012

eXTReMe Tracker