TWB edit...

by Doc Nickel

Due to last night's events in Colorado, I edited today's TWB. It was kind of a bad joke to start with (the typical "it seemed funny at the time" grist of the sleep-deprived mind) but made even worse by the actions of a real-life lunatic.

I haven't used Gino enough yet, but regular readers know he's sort of a bail bondsman, and I'd been setting him up to be a stereotypical, movie-style "bounty hunter" type. (Mostly because a mean, badass panda just strikes me as funny.)

The line was a throwaway, not meant to go anywhere, just to get a deadpan reply from Jinx. I changed it to be perhaps a little less violent and hopefully a lot less connected to recent reality.

I also think it works a little better, and just reflects, yet again, how I should have a "buffer" so I'm not doing the strip at 4:00am and having to throw whatever sorta-funny line I manage to think of in there, just so I can post it and go to bed. happy.gif

Doc.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012, 5:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. *Thumb's Up* (NT). Robin Bobcat, Jul 20, 2012
  2. A pity. tkzv, Jul 20, 2012
  3. Gotta love collosal F'wits ruining it for everyone. FireFrenzy, Jul 20, 2012
    1. Growing jinx. Anonymous Coward, Jul 21, 2012
      1. Who said anything about problem. FireFrenzy, Jul 21, 2012
        1. Re: Who said anything about problem. Anonymous Coward, Jul 21, 2012
  4. And guess what.... jwhouk, Jul 21, 2012

eXTReMe Tracker