Looking for an HPA tank...

by Doc Nickel

Do any of the manufacturers make a long, skinny 3K psi aluminum tank? I'm looking for something roughly equivalent to the old 10-ounce tanks from back in the "California Constant Air" days. Doesn't have to be the exact same proportions, but I'd like to get pretty close.

The original 10-ounce tanks were 2" OD and 13" long, and if I could, I'd like to see a pretty close duplicate of that, except 3K psi rated.

Ninja's 13-ci tank is close, but I was looking for something almost twice as long. I don't need a complete tank, like with a reg already attached. I'm also not necessarily looking for a paintball tank. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if one of the manufacturers even makes such a thing, and if so, who would be a good dealer to get one from.

I've already checked the online offerings at both Catalina and Luxfer. Catalina has something close with a 3K tank that's 2" in diameter and 11-1/2" long. Might be my best bet, but I'm curious if anyone knows of another option that's a tad longer, even if it's also slightly bigger in diameter.

And yeah, that's what I'm wanting to do; replicate the old 'California air' look but with modern technology.

Also, if anyone has an original 10-ouncer they could part with, with or without valve, or one of the later and slightly shorter 9-ouncers, I'd be interested in buying it off you. Has to be in good, usable shape, of course, no dings or gouges.

Doc.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012, 10:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. sounds like..... zapf, Jul 31, 2012
  2. 3K tanks. guahan, Aug 1, 2012
    1. Interested.... Doc Nickel, Aug 1, 2012
    2. If I remember right those are the 22ci ones. n/t. Dan Voils, Aug 1, 2012
      1. Mine are 13ci... n/t. guahan, Aug 3, 2012
    3. If doc doesn't want both,. Barry, Aug 2, 2012
  3. 11.5 inches long correction--late night typo--NT. guahan, Aug 1, 2012