Looking for an HPA tank...

by

Do any of the manufacturers make a long, skinny 3K psi aluminum tank? I'm looking for something roughly equivalent to the old 10-ounce tanks from back in the "California Constant Air" days. Doesn't have to be the exact same proportions, but I'd like to get pretty close.

The original 10-ounce tanks were 2" OD and 13" long, and if I could, I'd like to see a pretty close duplicate of that, except 3K psi rated.

Ninja's 13-ci tank is close, but I was looking for something almost twice as long. I don't need a complete tank, like with a reg already attached. I'm also not necessarily looking for a paintball tank. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if one of the manufacturers even makes such a thing, and if so, who would be a good dealer to get one from.

I've already checked the online offerings at both Catalina and Luxfer. Catalina has something close with a 3K tank that's 2" in diameter and 11-1/2" long. Might be my best bet, but I'm curious if anyone knows of another option that's a tad longer, even if it's also slightly bigger in diameter.

And yeah, that's what I'm wanting to do; replicate the old 'California air' look but with modern technology.

Also, if anyone has an original 10-ouncer they could part with, with or without valve, or one of the later and slightly shorter 9-ouncers, I'd be interested in buying it off you. Has to be in good, usable shape, of course, no dings or gouges.

Doc.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012, 10:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. sounds like..... zapf, Jul 31, 2012
  2. 3K tanks. , Aug 1, 2012
    1. Interested.... , Aug 1, 2012
    2. If I remember right those are the 22ci ones. n/t. Dan Voils, Aug 1, 2012
      1. Mine are 13ci... n/t. guahan, Aug 3, 2012
    3. If doc doesn't want both,. , Aug 2, 2012
  3. 11.5 inches long correction--late night typo--NT. guahan, Aug 1, 2012