Take your stock and wrap it with a thick coating of good, absorbent paper towels. Then place into a heavy black garbage bag and seal it. Place another bag over that and seal. Then place bags on either the dashboard or rear window shelf of your car in direct sunlight during a bright sunny day for about 6-7 hours. The direct sunlight and the "greenhouse effect" will soften/liquidfy the grease enough to be absorbed by the paper towels. You might have to do a couple of times to get the majority of the grease off, but this way is easier and much safer than using the stove. Plus, except for the cost of the paper towels and bags free.
Metal parts still need soaking/cleaning in a solvent to get especially the dried out grease off. I use a bucket of auto parts de-greaser for that purpose. Those parts, like bolts, that have numerous difficult places to clean out usually require leaving the parts in the solvent for a day or more. Sometimes I use an ultrasound cleaner for those really difficult parts for deep cleaning.