Fully agreed

by ydna-zds

That's what I was getting at when I mentioned how cookie-cutter things have become common and easy to apply as of late. I run a machine shop here in michigan, we have 3 mills and 2 lathes, and 4 robots happy.gif (although only two are in position at the machines). I also have two regular ole people that are paid to run parts. There's situations for both aspects.

I would propose that if somebody is asking "can it be done" then they're probably not exactly in the position to just snap some fingers to make it happen. You can spend the next two years scavenging up used hardware from all over the continent to build your own system from the ground up, but that's a daunting task even if you know what you're doing, as I'm sure you would agree. Your time is worth much, much more than the equipment. Alternately you could buy a turnkey cell that can be up and running in 3 weeks, but it would set you back $60-80k. Now if that investment makes sense given the demand for the product, by all means go for it! But only the OP can figure out if that would make sense for his/her situation.

Posted on Mar 6, 2017, 11:00 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker