Now here is a job I have serious doubts about.

by MephitMark

As much as I dislike the type of work I have been doing for a while now. I know bloody freak well that it is still better then the all to often undependable private sector market right now. And every so often one or more of my co-workers harp on that if I want to be a Machinist why not go and get a Machinist job? I don't even bother re-re-re-RE-listing the lengthy list of reasons why. But out of curiosity I poked around the local Craigslist. Predictable was a number of jobs from one contract agency. There was one or two jobs that sounded very tempting though. Then there was this listing:https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/mnu/6036993477.html

Okay now, a canning outfit looking for Machinist in Minnesota? Why not more local? And there was not real hard statement of exactly what the pay scale would be. The hours for work to be done were around for FIVE MONTHS. I don't know about anyone else, but at my age (mid 50's), I'd be either completely wasted, a raving lunatic or just plan dead. I looked up the location on Google maps, and there is literally NOTHING there!! No way to 'get out' and take a break for the job. Unless you enjoy a rather 'liquid' mental tripping out.

Posted on Mar 16, 2017, 7:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. If It Seems Too Good To Be True. Lord Reacted The Censored, Mar 17, 2017
    1. Fish processing.... Snowtroll, Mar 17, 2017
      1. Some clarifications.... Doc Nickel, Mar 17, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker