Trying something new with the comic...!

by Doc Nickel

Back when I was doing the strips of Doc and the crew at Howie's bar, since that was part of the "buffer" and the strips weren't 'going live' immediately, I had, for the first time in like, ever, the chance to work a little bit more on making the scenery and backgrounds a little more consistent.

I can't count the number of times I went back and made small changes to the dialogue or the background, or added a third strip in between two and had to renumber everything, etc.

Well, we've got a new setting coming up, and I wanted to kind of do the same thing. Time, however, is not as free right now as it was back then- I'm not utterly swamped, but I have a lot of work on my plate right now, although a good portion of it is quasi-personal, things like working on products that will eventually be launched, but haven't yet and have no deadline.

So I decided I'd give this a try: I'll be drawing and uploading part of an upcoming section of the storyline, for my Patreon patrons.

This does several things. First and foremost, it's of course a naked cash grab. I mean, hey, why not? happy.gif

Second, it'll give me a chance to play with the setting a bit before we "go live"- I expect there'll be some hiccups in the process, and it'll be nice to iron 'em out. I'll also be introducing two new characters- others that also work at the coffee shop. This I've been needing to do for a while, but apart from probably making one of them a civet- which I have never once even attempted to draw- I have no idea about dress, mannerisms, names or anything else.

This will kind of force me to get off the pot, as they say. Suggestions are welcomed- I already saved a bunch of the gags you ladies and gents posted here earlier, and yes, will be using them. happy.gif

Third, of course, it's a nice little extra for you patrons, who have been so incredibly generous.

And fourth, as these strips will be seen on the main page in a month or two, it gets me started back up on a bit of a buffer- since, as I said a few days ago, I'm about to use up the last of the dregs of the old buffer. happy.gif

Hope you like it, and as always, thanks for reading!
Doc.

Posted on Mar 20, 2017, 1:36 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker