One of the things that's been keeping me busy this week...

by Doc Nickel

On top of all the other crap I've been dealing with recently (mind you, not all of it is 'crap', per se`) one of the side tangents that's been keeping me busy for the last week is a bit of home improvement. happy.gif

My kinda-sorta "office" area has been in desperate need of some upgrades and remodeling for a while now, so since I've been actively working hard on trying to organize and streamline my- for want of a better term- administrative aspects, I decided it was time to finally do it.

It's an older house, so of course it only has one outlet on each wall- which tends to be a bit light for a multiple-monitor PC setup that includes two scanners, a graphics tablet, about six hard drives, camera chargers, two printers and a couple of battery backups. happy.gif

And, of course, two walls worth of truly ghastly and not even remotely matching wallpaper that a previous tenant applied at some point in the mists of history.

Having had to try and remove wallpaper before, I've found it's much easier just to demo the wall, and put up new drywall. happy.gif In this case, I needed to open up the wall to add more sockets anyway, so down they came.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Thankfully it was just two walls of a relatively small room. That took a bit less than a week- of "spare" time happy.gif - and I figure it'll take another week to get through all the painting, and a third week to get it all fully set back up.

Doc.

Posted on Apr 12, 2017, 1:17 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. So what art for the walls?. Romulan Sith, Apr 12, 2017
  2. Now that your done with yours. Donkey, Apr 12, 2017
    1. Ouchies.... J.Cook, Apr 12, 2017
      1. Re: Ouchies.... Donkey, Apr 12, 2017
  3. Did you forget something.. ralphb5231, Apr 12, 2017
    1. I had that exact same thought.. James, Apr 12, 2017
      1. Because of the way the room is laid out.... Doc Nickel, Apr 12, 2017
        1. 10 outlets. Chloe, Apr 12, 2017
        2. More outlets.... J.Cook, Apr 12, 2017
  4. insulation. caldaq, Apr 12, 2017
  5. a tip to help speed up finishing the room.. smorizio, Apr 12, 2017
    1. Re: a tip to help speed up finishing the room.. B.O.B., Apr 16, 2017
  6. grants/loans for windows and newer heating systems.. smorizio, Apr 12, 2017
  7. I remember back when.... Snowtroll, Apr 16, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker