agree, somewhat...

by Timberwolf

I still read it...

BUT, I have noticed over the last couple years that once the "furry" fans started frequenting the Tinker's Guild, the tech posts have all but gone away, you can count on a daily post about the strip reminiscent of gocomics.com, and that fan service has steadily seemed to ramp up.

That being said, I will reiterate... I still read it. I think Doc is very talented in numerous aspects. And I've threatened to visit on more than one occasion. But as far as the comic, there's definitely been a shift in focus.

Understandably, you have to do what makes sense (cents?) and I know that revenue streams such as Patreon can steer one down the path of income vs art. Doc mentioned 900+ patrons... and that's awesome! I remember the years of struggling and am glad to see him be able to be more at ease.

In the end, I was more than a little surprised at today's strip. I swear I've read (more than a hand full of times) that Doc wasn't going to show things like this. Maybe I'm wrong?

I'll keep reading. Again, I'm often impressed with the art, the dialogue, the wit and humor. The furry fan service will hopefully lighten up (as Doc mentioned it would) and we'll be back to techy shop gags and blowing stuff up before long happy.gif

Posted on Jun 9, 2017, 8:11 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. More explanation.... Doc Nickel, Jun 9, 2017
    1. dont forget doc a few years ago you.... smorizio, Jun 10, 2017
    2. Hey! I still make boards!. goldie, Jun 10, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker