Gift Horses, Mills, Cars With Tranny Issues

by Lord *redacted* the Censored

Glad you got the mill issue solved! Can you elaborate on your machining setup? What kind of tooling, how you verified the issue was corrected, and stuff like that?

Awhile back I wrecked my "car" (if you consider a Taurus Station Wagon a car :D) and needed a ride for work immediately.

Friend stepped forward with a junker of a Geo Metro, it was in very worn condition BUT it fulfilled all of the basic car functions. Those are: Starts, stops, goes forward, reverse, turns left and right, the brakes work and the radio gets both kinds of music (country AND western.)

I asked him flat out: What's wrong with it aside from the rust and dents. He got pissed "dude never look a gift horse in the mouth I am trying to help you."

I replied "Just asking so I can anticipate any breakdowns ahead of time and so I don't accidentally push it too hard and break it... and besides I like wrenching on cars. Gimme a list and I just might have some fun with it."

Once we cleared that up things were fine between us, and I drove it until I got my situation settled with insurance.

Posted on Jun 16, 2017, 1:51 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. The process.... Doc Nickel, Jun 16, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker