Antique lathe - estate sale.by that Dave fellowThat picture came out of this forum thread -
https://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72162&page=10 posts 189, 196, 197.
Seems to be a P. Blaisdell & Co. unit ca. 1900-1905, so definitely a few years older than your Rockford.
Seems to have a fair bit of torque if it could make a big chunk of swarf like the one in the second picture in post 189.
Posted on Jun 28, 2017, 8:30 PM
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- Not that chip.... Doc Nickel, Jun 28, 2017
- Surely you don't mean to imply. Typeminer, Jun 30, 2017
- Sweet Mother of Iron! That's a chip? .... eddi, Jun 29, 2017
- Probably the lathe that roughed out this crankshaft.... beejay5169, Jun 29, 2017
- Wow! My education just took a big jump. Thanks. n/t. eddi, Jun 29, 2017
- That engine needs a turbocharger!. Z-man51, Jun 30, 2017
- that engine is turbocharged.... sniper1rfa, Jun 30, 2017