More stuff

by Russ Kepler

Pretty sure you had to report a divorce/marriage, but it wouldn't likely trip a new investigation. I got tripped by the "cash deposit of >10K" reporting rule but that was cleared up easily enough. I can't remember all the ongoing things that would have to be reported but do recall that there was a list of a dozen types that you had to pay attention to.

On background: as it was explained to me they didn't much care about a lot of little things, just used them to see if there was a pattern as well as allowing you to fess up to things that might be used as blackmail material.

I was lucky in that I didn't have many foreign travel on my SF86 - had I filled it out just a few years earlier it would have been a nightmare - I'd managed to blow through a passport's visa pages as well as an addition 8 pages stitched in in about 14 months. I also managed to use all TS and better people as my references, including neighbors, so that made things a little easier for the investigators and faster for me.

Lots of funny stories from that work, too bad I can't tell them for another 46(?) years.

Posted on Jun 30, 2017, 6:58 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Form DD398. Stu Friedberg, Jun 30, 2017
    1. Re: Form DD398. JSStryker, Jul 4, 2017
      1. Same deal. Stu Friedberg, Jul 5, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker