Sometimes the click is clearly audible

by Dave H

When I first met my now fiancee Linda online, we chatted and emailed for a few weeks. I was trying to think of a gentle way to let her know I'm a geek with an odd sense of humor. Then one evening she emailed me a link to an article on a UFO investigation site (where the "investigators" are true believers) about a woman named Linda who was abducted several times from New York City. She said she was the woman in the story.

The first thing I thought was, "Oh, that's funny!" Then I thought, "She must be pulling my leg. Funny!" Then I thought, "What if she really believes she was abducted? What have I gotten myself into?" I was trying to think of how to do the email equivalent of smiling, nodding, and backing away slowly when I got another email where she told me that she had never been to NYC.

I asked her to mary me three months later. Anybody who can slip a joke past my well-honed skepticism is a keeper!

Posted on Jul 13, 2017, 12:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. A very LOUD click!. Z-man51, Jul 13, 2017
    1. Only a Bromance but i think this counts. FireFrenzy, Jul 16, 2017
      1. Re: Only a Bromance but i think this counts. Dave H, Jul 16, 2017
      2. Ukraine has a slightly used reactor available..... Eddi, Jul 17, 2017
        1. Coopting Selafield might be easier to accomplish though n/t. FireFrenzy, Jul 17, 2017
          1. I had never heard of that one.... eddi, Jul 17, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker