Advice...

by Doc Nickel

I'm the last person you should be asking about beer. happy.gif I've had exactly one beer since the turn of the century, and that was just so I wouldn't look quite so much like an out-of-place dork at a party held at a local bar. happy.gif

There's some Alaskan microbrews, but I honestly have no idea if any of them I know of are available in Juneau. (Keeping in mind Juneau is a lot more like "Occupied Canada" or "Northwest Seattle" than it is actual Alaska.)

The only real local cuisine is of course seafood- it's a bit late for truly fresh halibut, but you can still get King Crab and red salmon. It's unlikely you'd be able to find anywhere that would offer exotic game meat, like elk, moose or caribou. None are raised for meat up here, and it's generally illegal to sell game meat.

And, I have to ask, what the hell are you doing in Juneau, in August? You'll be smack-dab in the middle of the rainy season, most of the tour boats have come and gone, and most of the touristy events are long since over.

And first thing when you wake up? When does it update for you?

Doc.

Posted on Aug 10, 2017, 6:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Juneau explained. DannyBeans, Aug 11, 2017
  2. Halibut ???. TheSkulker, Aug 15, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker