You've made your point.

by FerreTrip

...Okay. Let me just say something quick: I am a 26-year-old young man who doesn't know nearly as much about the world as he should at this age, due in part to being raised by a father who kinda didn't really care that much and in part because I have Asperger's and thus suck when it comes to "getting" things, particularly social things. My political view was just "Shrub is bad, Shrub is bad, Shrub is bad" and I loved the fact that Obama, a BLACK guy, became president, and from where I was looking as just a normal, everyday person, he was doing an okay job.

The problem is I'm not an everyday person. Both my parents are freaking Ivy League, I have a full scale IQ of 122, I taught myself (and partially my big sister) how to read. Apparently, I'm pretty freaking smart. Hell, I'm never gonna live down the fact that my laziness and lack of completing homework led to me barely graduating a liberal arts college above a 2.0 by the skin of my teeth and the good wishes of my professors.

So when I find out that I'm completely and utterly wrong, that I have been thinking the wrong thing for a very long time, or at least that's what someone I respect is essentially saying to me to try and correct me...I don't know what to think. I'm upset at the person who corrected me, even if they're turning my worldview upside-down, I want to see if I got SOMEthing right, but I don't want that person to hate me.

I'm sorry. I thought I had valid points, and once again, I didn't, and now I bet I look like a complete freaking mouthbreathing idiot. I ended up wasting your time and possibly getting you riled up. I'm just gonna stop posting on this message board, let the people who know what they're talking about (and actually play paintball) talk and stuff, and quietly read the comic. I am extremely sorry to waste your time and energy on some stupid manchild like me.

Thank you for your time, sir. I'm sorry for whining.

- FerreTrip

Posted on Aug 27, 2017, 7:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Hold the phone, here.... Doc Nickel, Aug 27, 2017
    1. Thank you.. FerreTrip, Aug 28, 2017
      1. Addendum.... Doc Nickel, Aug 29, 2017
        1. Okay.. FerreTrip, Aug 29, 2017
          1. Of course!. Doc Nickel, Aug 29, 2017
            1. Knew you'd have backup.. FerreTrip, Aug 29, 2017

Quantcast