The author has mood swings. :)

by Doc Nickel

The Doc-Cara thing wasn't supposed to have drawn out this long, but I liked how it was going, and as usual, ideas led to other ideas, and some gags kind of wrote themselves. happy.gif

I was going to move from "tonight" into a fairly mundane "tomorrow", with some silly wrapping-up of some of the previous evening's events.

But, I was writing last Friday's strip, but none of my jokes were gelling. It either sounded too forced, like a bad radio announcer reading worse fanfiction, or it was boring. And I realized even I was getting bored with the current storyline.

I'm not about to draw an actual sex scene- except for maybe "tonight's" last panel, which will be appropriately shaded- so there's not much terribly exciting to look forward to.

So after some thought, I decided I'd add an action sequence. It's going to be mostly dialogue-free, and have a lot more in-your-face action than we've really ever seen in TBW before. I've wanted to do something like this for a while, but never really had a reason for it- the closest I ever got was the color "zombie" sequence a while back, and I always kind of regretted that I didn't have the time to stretch that out a bit.

I'm going to try and stretch my artistic legs on this sequence too- try and really score the feeling of movement and destruction. happy.gif

I think you'll all get a kick out of it, and if you join my Patreon, you can start reading it right now. happy.gif

Doc.

Posted on Aug 28, 2017, 3:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker