Of course!

by Doc Nickel

The standard response is, "Here, let me Google that for you". happy.gif

Obama on the South China Sea. Obama spying on US Citizens. Obama and the "Most Transparent Administration Ever"- a relevant quote from that article:

"Despite some promising open data initiatives, the executive branch under Obama was, on the whole, more secretive than ever. Since 2009, press access to the White House has been notably restricted, whistleblower prosecutions have spiked, and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits against the federal government have reached an all-time high."

Obama used the Espionage Act to prosecute whistleblowers at TWICE the rate of all other presidents combined.

Obama's IRS illegally targeting political opponents with the IRS (as well as other federal departments.)

Obama arguably illegally unilaterally ordering a bombing campaign on Libya- to the point where the House of Representatives rejected his authorization.

It's worth pointing out that knocking out Ghaddafi almost directly led to the rise of ISIS- and the decision to bomb Libya was 100% Obama's alone.

On the employment rate, there's this chart which illustrates it nicely. The line is the percentage- not total number- of people actively in the labor force. That is, what percentage of people of people old enough to, and able and willing to, work, are in fact actually working.

You can put your pointer on the chart and it'll show you exact numbers and dates. January 2009, when Obama was inaugurated, 65.7%. January 2017 when his administration ended, 62.9%. As I recall (off the top of my head) that's the equivalent of something like two million more people out of the workforce.

On the news being biased, here's a list of ten sources that blatanly lied about the content of the Google Memo- the text of which you read in its entirety to judge their results for yourself.

On February eighth, not even three weeks after the Inauguration, the media had tallied up a full forty outright lies about the then-new Trump administration.

Some of those, and a few different ones, are tallied up here by a different source.

Ad infinitum, ad nauseum

As for what good Obama did, the first thing that pops into mind is he helped restart our nuclear power program. He didn't do much, unfortunately, but for the first time in some 20 or even 30 years, he did in fact help clear the way for new nuke plants.

Keeping in mind that newest nuclear power plant in the us, before the Watts Bar Unit 2 plant came on line in 2016 (although construction first started in 1973!) was Watts Bar Unit 1, which came online 21 years ago.

Beyond that, I'm at a loss. I have no doubt he did many small things that I'd consider fairly positive, but on a larger scale, those are almost certainly far outweighed by the negatives.

Doc.

Posted on Aug 29, 2017, 5:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Knew you'd have backup.. FerreTrip, Aug 29, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker