Making salt...by Doc NickelI recall an article in [i]Popular Science[/i], or possibly [i]Popular Mechanix[/i], where the author, for some reason, decided to try to make his own salt.
So he rigged up a way to... I don't recall, something like spray gaseous chlorine and molten sodium through a propane burner flame... Onto some fresh popcorn.
It was a cool idea, but he needed to refine his system a bit.
Posted on Sep 8, 2017, 1:28 PM
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- I'm not a chemist (not intentionlly anyway). Dave H, Sep 8, 2017
- Roger has a human counterpart?. Cbob, Sep 8, 2017
- Not only do not try this at home, do not attempt it within one-half light year of Earth. n. eddi, Sep 9, 2017
- Sounds like Gray Matter. Renegade_Azzy, Sep 9, 2017
- Could also be Cody's Lab. MarkT, Sep 9, 2017
- This is the guy. Renegade_Azzy, Sep 10, 2017
- Re: Making salt.... digi_owl, Sep 11, 2017