My new toy

by Andrew

So last week I bit the bullet so to speak and spent a little more then I wanted to get myself a cintiq. Figured if I wanted to advance my art skills I would need to start working digitally. I've had doc show me how his worked and always was impressed by how much easier it made things. Well I picked it up last night and with docs help had it up and running with only a few hiccups.( like forgetting to plug in the USB and wondering why the pen wouldn't work)

So the question I have for any of you art types out there are what are some good tips / programs to use with this thing? I'm pretty much the newb when it comes to using it. Currently I have docs ancient copy of paintshop and a full version of twisted brush. Was considering trying a trial version of photoshop to see if it had tools more in line with how I think it should work. Both of the programs I mentioned have various things about them I really like, but I'm having trouble with one because I need to reverse or reassign a function but seem to be unable to do it how I think it should be. Could very well be a me thing.

Any input will be welcome. I have a cintiq 27qhd touch. (Loving the hand commands btw)

Posted on Sep 12, 2017, 7:14 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Re: My new toy. Josh A, Sep 12, 2017
  2. What I see recommended most of the time is GIMP. n/t. JozsefC, Sep 12, 2017
    1. GIMP.... Doc Nickel, Sep 12, 2017
      1. Not surprised. Dave H, Sep 12, 2017
      2. I don't get it. Kymation, Sep 12, 2017
        1. Re: I don't get it. Greyryder, Sep 12, 2017
      3. GIMP UI. ShneekeyTheLost, Sep 12, 2017
    2. How about paint.Net. Khai , Sep 13, 2017
  3. programs. smorizio, Sep 14, 2017
    1. Corel painter. Andrew, Sep 14, 2017
  4. I like Inkscape, but thats a vector graphics program, so it might not be ideal.... FireFrenzy, Sep 14, 2017
  5. Some practical testing.. Andrew, Sep 14, 2017
  6. -. IDN, Sep 17, 2017
  7. How about Krita and SumoPaint?. Cpt. Obvious, Sep 27, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker