It occurred to me...

by Doc Nickel

It occurred to me earlier, that this has to be one of the least believable dates in literary history, second only to Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock hooking up at the end of Speed. happy.gif

I mean, look at it. She's intelligent, owns her own business, has a good sense of humor... and is single. Not only was single, but had been so for several years. I don't know about you guys down in the states, but up here, a lady like that would be having to drive suitors off with shotguns and pepper spray. happy.gif

She has a big, fairly fancy apartment, knows how to cook, and actually likes Monty Python. Around here, a girl like that- well, that doesn't, like, have a third eyeball or ram's horns or something happy.gif - would have fifteen guys dueling to the death over her.

There haven't been any embarrassing statements, nobody spilled something on the other person- or on the valuable antique rug or whatever- no embarrassing past histories were dug up...

It's practically Mary Sue territory here. Next we'll have Ed McMahon show up at the door with her winner's check for the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, Doc will get a text from Roger saying they just got that half-billion-dollar DARPA contract, and Miki will come by wanting to know if they'd be interested in a threesome. happy.gif

Bad writing, I tells ya!

happy.gif

Doc.

Posted on Sep 25, 2017, 1:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. So how are you planning on killing her off? n/t. Lord *Redacted*, Sep 25, 2017
    1. Well, if we.... Doc Nickel, Sep 25, 2017
      1. I'm glad you're avoiding the cliches. Jelsemium, Sep 26, 2017
        1. If the first date was at Howie's.... beejay5169, Sep 26, 2017
  2. Three's a crowd. Dave H, Sep 25, 2017
  3. We can all use.... Robotek, Sep 25, 2017
    1. Minor spoilers ahead.... Doc Nickel, Sep 25, 2017
      1. They should know your style by now. n/t. eddi, Sep 25, 2017
      2. Carry on, soldier. Dave H, Sep 26, 2017
      3. Actually, I'll be glad if their evening ends without incident and .... Machtyn, Sep 26, 2017
        1. I've been wondering about that myself nt. Jelsemium, Sep 26, 2017
        2. If I had to guess .... Fish Preferred, Sep 26, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker