Well, if we...

by Doc Nickel

... Use other webcomics for an example, we have 'er have a miscarriage. happy.gif

(For those who think I'm being flippant about that sort of thing, or that aren't longtime webcomic fans, a comic called Ctrl-Alt-Del had his so-stupid-as-to-be-clinically-brain-dead video-gamer main character luck out on hooking up with a hot, smart, single gamer girl. After about a year I think they got married, and suddenly one day, very much out of the blue for a gag-a-day video-game-jokes webcomic, she had a miscarriage and was in the ICU for a bit.

It was like if Odie from Garfield got hit by a car and had to have a leg removed- it was wildly out of place in the joke-a-day comic, and a lot of the other comics gave the author a bit of static about it- at one of the cons, a bunch conspired to do some sketches showing how literally ham-handed he was. happy.gif )

But in all seriousness, yes, I'm aware I'm kinda doing this storyline up a bit on the unbelievable side, but as noted, it's escapism. happy.gif Sometimes the "dark, gritty realistic" stuff is a bit too dark and gritty, and we need to escape from our escapism.

Doc.

Posted on Sep 25, 2017, 10:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. I'm glad you're avoiding the cliches. Jelsemium, Sep 26, 2017
    1. If the first date was at Howie's.... beejay5169, Sep 26, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker