"I've got a window...."

by beejay5169

After a building move of my old Guvmint department, Dal, one of my fellow drones, found himself on Day 1 without a cube in the farm, but a little wander revealed a dead-end corridor in the management block of the same section. It finished in a magnificent window overlooking the Canberra mall, with 4 meters back up the corridor to the nearest side-office door. Dal set his desk up in the dead-end, plugged the base of his own cordless phone into a spare socket in the cube farm, tucked a 4 port hub into the network socket in the nearest PHB's office and ran a Cat-5 cable to his PC. He appropriated a moveable partition to close off his new 'office', and got down to work!

Instant jealousy from his fellow drones, who couldn't even SEE sunlight, let alone enjoy the view; anger from the PHBs, who didn't want a drone contaminating THEIR area; and weird noises from the IT crowd, who didn't want unapproved gear hooked into THEIR network...

Day 2 saw Dal's 'office' once again a dead-end corridor but with a couple of comfy chairs under the window for a PHB 'rest area', and a new, smaller-than-the-rest cube, specially set up for Dal, as far from PHB territory (and windows) as they could put him!

This cartoon adorned his new workspace for several months.....

http://assets.amuniversal.com/d63e1280a1bf012f2fe600163e41dd5b

Posted on Oct 3, 2017, 12:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. I once had a cubical with a door. James, Oct 3, 2017
  2. Heh.. J.Cook, Oct 4, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker