True Story Re: Comic Quality In The Modern Era

by CF

A few years ago, our local rag decided it was time to get rid of the reruns of _Peanuts_, and replace with a comic strip producing new strips. They ran samples of 4-5 different comics, then put up a poll where one could vote for one's preferred strip. One of the options was "Keep _Peanuts_".

PEANUTS WOUND UP TAKING *91%* OF THE VOTES.

I'd like to repeat that as it sounds Vaguely Important.

A COMIC STRIP WHICH AT THAT DATE HAD NOT PRODUCED NEW MATERIAL IN NEARLY A DECADE POLLED TEN TIMES AS MANY VOTES AS ALL THE NEW STRIPS PUT TOGETHER.

To the surprise of absolutely no one, when next our local rag decided to get rid of a comic (_Safe Havens_), there was not vote, nor any announcement save on the day when SH was replaced by some piece of Leftist-agitprop drivel (to match the rest of the rag).

Let's not kid ourselves: With the possible exception of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the Modern Era has not produced a single movie, TV show, radio show, painting, or any other form of art worthy of being remembered.

There Is A Reason For This.

Posted on Oct 9, 2017, 11:15 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Except that.... Doc Nickel, Oct 9, 2017
    1. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a lot more than retreads. Jelsemium, Oct 9, 2017
      1. Indeed.... CF, Oct 10, 2017
  2. Wait, what?. Typeminer, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Golden Age?. Jelsemium, Oct 9, 2017
    1. The Golden Age.... eddi, Oct 10, 2017
  4. True Story Re: Comic Quality In The Modern Era. beejay5169, Oct 9, 2017
    1. If I ever go with the flow, I'm doing something wrong. n/t. eddi, Oct 10, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker