True Story Re: Comic Quality In The Modern Era

by beejay5169

Remember Sturgeon's Law - it applies to comics just like it applies everything else:

(From Wikipedia, the source of all lies:) "I repeat Sturgeon's Revelation, which was wrung out of me after twenty years of wearying defense of science fiction against attacks of people who used the worst examples of the field for ammunition, and whose conclusion was that ninety percent of SF is crud. Using the same standards that categorize 90% of science fiction as trash, crud, or crap, it can be argued that 90% of film, literature, consumer goods, etc. is crap. In other words, the claim (or fact) that 90% of science fiction is crap is ultimately uninformative, because science fiction conforms to the same trends of quality as all other artforms."

So 90% of all comics are crud, and in the case Doc has cited, THE PUBLIC CONSIDERS THAT PEANUTS IS PART OF THE 10% that's left....

And of course, The Whiteborad, Freefall, Carry On and YOUR favorite comic(s) are also in the uncruddy 10%.....

Posted on Oct 9, 2017, 11:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. If I ever go with the flow, I'm doing something wrong. n/t. eddi, Oct 10, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker