Teachable Moment: Filling Out Emergency-Contact Formsby CFI was present at Portland Int'l Raceway today for an amateur-level endurance-racing event. (No names, no pack drill.)
One of the corner workers suffered a Major Heart Attack -- "major" here being a word meaning "he was a f***in' corpse at one point".
The victim is alive, and recovering.
When event officials called the number the victim had written on his contact form...
..THE VICTIM'S OWN CELL PHONE RANG.
Now, I should not have to explain to anyone here why putting one's own number on an emergency-contact form is a F***in' Stupid Idea. I should only need to say: Don't do it.
[soapbox back in closet]
Posted on Oct 28, 2017, 7:22 PM
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- re:. smorizio, Oct 28, 2017
- No such thing as TOO paranoid when it comes to medical emergencies. Jelsemium, Oct 29, 2017
- "Why Not 'All'?". CF, Oct 29, 2017
- There's an app for that ;). neocool00, Oct 30, 2017
- ICE. Robotek, Oct 29, 2017
- Not everyone has a person to call. MarkT, Oct 29, 2017
- I have my emergency data on hand.... eddi, Oct 29, 2017
- If That's The Case, Say So.... CF, Oct 30, 2017