All valid concerns!

by Lord *Redacted* the *censored*

...however I don't think this is all that dramatic a shift. It's a far cry from Questionable Content, which is basically unreadable at this point, and the forums un-visitable because of Jeph's politic and his desire to pander-dance for a tiny fraction of his fan-base...

Stop me if I'm wrong but I think this is closer in spirit to The Whiteboard than the rom-com arc we finished. While I enjoyed it, it wasn't for everyone. And it's a welcome break from the never-ending paintball game we enjoyed for 2 years give or take.

Perhaps Doc himself can clarify but I swore he outlined a general direction he wanted to go in -- the rom-com arc, this mayhem arc, then gradually back to paintball?

It's fine with me, and I gladly give up a couple of bucks to his Dew Fund every month because I enjoy his work a great deal. And I welcome the fact that he basically keeps his politic out of the general storyline. I come here to escape, not have a morality-line rammed down my throat.

Anyway, the above is my opinion and I'm sticking with it. It's nice to see Doc experiment with other material besides Paintball Jokes Over And Over, you have to keep at it to keep it "fresh." Not every arc or strip will be a favorite but overall, this is one of the best webcomics out there.

Posted on Nov 3, 2017, 8:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker