I now know what I want for a new shop...

by Doc Nickel

Earlier this week, as I was doing the various comics each evening, I was watching (or rather, listening to, mostly happy.gif ) some Futurama episodes.

And after a handful of them, it occurred to me that the Planet Express building would make for a pretty damn nice shop. happy.gif

Okay, skip certain parts of it- we don't need the retractable roof, the anti-Santa-Clause bulletproof shutters, or the access to a volcanic lava vent in the basement.

But lay a real shop out in a similar manner, and it'd actually be pretty cool.

The big workspace, of course, where the ship is normally parked, is the main working area. Call it three cars wide with some bonus space in between, and garage doors along the streetside wall.

The raised meeting/kitchen area above the work floor, with storage, clean rooms, and tool rooms below that.

The tower at the end, with the kitchen, livingroom, etc, on the ground floor, and sleeping quarters (with the balconies) on the top floor. (Only two floors to keep it realistic/affordable, unlike the cartoon version which has either three or four, depending on which episode you're watching. happy.gif )

One of these days I might have to try and draw up some plans, for when I get rich and famous. happy.gif

Doc.

Posted on Nov 23, 2017, 12:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Don't forget the Angry Dome.. DannyBeans, Nov 23, 2017
    1. I'd rather have.... Doc Nickel, Nov 26, 2017
  2. Might just want to buy Cointe Observatory..... JozsefC, Nov 23, 2017
    1. That's beautiful. Even in it's present state.. eddi, Nov 24, 2017
    2. Oooooo... Shiiineee.... J.Cook, Nov 24, 2017
      1. You're only a little bit on the wrong contenent. FireFrenzy, Nov 28, 2017
    3. There's a spot in hell. Snowtroll, Nov 25, 2017
    4. That IS cool.... Doc Nickel, Nov 26, 2017
      1. Already built in laser turret. cbob, Nov 27, 2017

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker