Oh, trust me, a better-designed heater would definitely be in the cards.
Thing is, back when I built this, aftermarket heaters for hotrods and custom cars like this, were limited and expensive. Nowadays, for maybe $150, I can get a nice standalone heater with electronic controls.
And that's one of the things that's so appealing about this project. While I learned a LOT working on it back in the day, I have since learned a great deal more. I've also added more tooling, discovered tooling I didn't even know existed back in the day (like sheetmetal nibblers) and of course the resources I have available now- like the internet at large- has expanded greatly as well.
I mentioned once before when I posted about this car a few years back, that there were a lot of little things I did that I wished i could have done better, but had to do that way simply because I couldn't afford the tools or materials to do it right, or simply didn't know how to do it "right".
Now, that's not to say I'll get this next version "perfect", and/or wind up with a finished car as clean and detailed as a show car. I don't have the time OR the cash for something like that. But i can damn sure do a better job than the cobbled mess it is now.