Oh yeah...

by Doc Nickel

Oh, trust me, a better-designed heater would definitely be in the cards.

Thing is, back when I built this, aftermarket heaters for hotrods and custom cars like this, were limited and expensive. Nowadays, for maybe $150, I can get a nice standalone heater with electronic controls.

And that's one of the things that's so appealing about this project. While I learned a LOT working on it back in the day, I have since learned a great deal more. I've also added more tooling, discovered tooling I didn't even know existed back in the day (like sheetmetal nibblers) and of course the resources I have available now- like the internet at large- has expanded greatly as well.

I mentioned once before when I posted about this car a few years back, that there were a lot of little things I did that I wished i could have done better, but had to do that way simply because I couldn't afford the tools or materials to do it right, or simply didn't know how to do it "right".

Now, that's not to say I'll get this next version "perfect", and/or wind up with a finished car as clean and detailed as a show car. I don't have the time OR the cash for something like that. But i can damn sure do a better job than the cobbled mess it is now. happy.gif

Doc.

Posted on Dec 4, 2017, 10:23 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. mess it is now. caldaq, Dec 4, 2017
    1. That's kind of the plan.... Doc Nickel, Dec 5, 2017
      1. Ageing. caldaq, Dec 5, 2017
      2. Minolta. Shalom, Dec 5, 2017
        1. Nothing special.... Doc Nickel, Dec 6, 2017
          1. Sic transit gloria mundi. Dave H, Dec 6, 2017
            1. Re: Sic transit gloria mundi. Typeminer, Dec 6, 2017