Removing the fiber from an HPA tank?by TargetCan I easily separate the fiber wrap from the aluminum core of a HPA tank?
Why? scrap aluminum.
The local fire dept has 400 SCBA tanks on auction . What can you do with expired tanks? Pretty much nothing....
Some drawings show a liner between the aluminum and the wrap..
I was hoping that I could band saw them in half and pop them apart like peanuts.
Does anyone have experience in cutting some apart?
Posted on Dec 6, 2017, 5:38 AM
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- Are they expired or just out of hydro? n/t. Dan Voils, Dec 6, 2017
- Re: Are they expired or just out of hydro? n/t. Target, Dec 6, 2017
- That seems like a bad idea to me. ShneekeyTheLost, Dec 6, 2017
- Re: That seems like a bad idea to me. Target, Dec 6, 2017
- recycled tanks. smorizio, Dec 6, 2017
- Not easy .... B, Dec 6, 2017